Skip to main content

Where have I Been?!

Hello Everyone!

You are all probably wondering where I have been. It has been quite a long time since I have posted something on my blog and I am truly sorry about that. Unfortunately, there is only one reason. That reason is that I have been extremely sick.

Two weeks before finals week I got extremely ill with a virus. I had a fever, I was coughing, and had chills. I also lost my voice which was so hard because I am someone who needs to talk.....constantly. I had to go home two weeks before finals and was basically bed ridden. On top of that I was worried about finals as well as being in pain because of my stomach.

But I am so happy that my professors and school was so kind and supportive and allowed me to take my finals later to get semi healthy.  I will forever be grateful for how kind my professors and school administration have been this entire year because I would not have made it through the year. So thank you so much!

So after finals, I was taking medicine for this strange virus and it just wiped me out. Honestly, I had no idea where I got it from. Apparently, college kids at the end of the year get extremely exhausted and really sick because of all the stress of the school year. Has that happened to any of you? Please let me know!

The last final update is that I had surgery! This is my second laparoscopy. I am not going to lie, I was more anxious about this surgery than the first one. I do not know why. My parents said I was over reacting but I was just so stuck on the thought that something is going to go wrong or the endometriosis has gotten to my eggs and has made me not fertile.

Well luckily, everything looks good about my fertility. But unfortunately, the endometriosis had spread. There was a lot more than my first surgery but fortunately, my wonderful doctor got rid of all of it.

I have been pretty sore and kind of grumpy because I am so done with being sick and bed ridden but I am slowly gaining my strength back.

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has sent me get well wishes and given me good vibes. It means the world to me. During my first surgery, I felt very alone and by myself. Obviously I had my family supporting me but it was hard. But that was in the past. We are now in the present.

So that is where I have been! I have so many blog posts planned for you all. I will not be doing any favorites for April and May but I will most likely be doing a current favorites.

I honestly hope you are all doing well. If you want me to do any specific blog posts, please let me know. Also, if any of you have any summer book recommendations, please let me know because I love reading and the summer time is when I do most of my reading.

If any of you want to talk to me to say hi or just to talk about beauty, please tweet me @sophiareyes6

Carpe Diem,
Sophia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff