Skip to main content

Beauty and Random Favorites for 2014!

Happy 2015 Everyone!

I hope that the start of 2015 is going well for you all. I am super excited to be sharing my top 2014 products with you. At the end of the blog post, I will be sharing some random favorites as well. I hope you all enjoy!

Face:

I have two favorite foundations for 2014. The first one is a high end foundation and it is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I have the shade Medium-Tan Honey. This is my special occasion foundation. Since it is pretty expensive ( $38) I do not want to use it every day. My favorite part of this foundation is how much it looks like skin on your face but it looks like a more flawless version of my skin. But I personally do not like the cake face look and I like the more natural look and this foundation gives it to me.

The second foundation is from the drugstore and it is the Loreal True Match Super-Blendable Make up. I am in the shade W3. I heard about this foundation all over YouTube but Nicole Guerrero convinced me to buy it because she uses it all the time in her videos. What I like so much about this foundation is that it is so light weight and easy to apply. It is pretty liquidy compared to most foundations but I like that because it is easy to just put it on with either my fingers or a brush and I am out the door.

I have a powder this year and this powder is probably the most talked about powder from the drugstore on YouTube. It is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent. I am pretty surprised about this powder. I thought at first that it was not doing anything but than I realized that it reminded me of the MAC Studio Fix powder, which is my all time favorite powder and I was really happy about it. This powder keeps you matte as well as looking natural, which is extremely important to me. I also like how inexpensive it is...only $5! What is even better is that this powder does not look like powder on your skin. It blends nicely and it looks like you have matte skin. So if you are looking for a good powder that is affordable, definitely try this one out.

Now concealer has been kind of annoying for me this year. I really enjoyed using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment. But than I started having these really bad allergic reactions. I had no idea what it was too. Than I realized that whenever I would use this concealer I would have hives and puffyness under my eyes. So unfortunately, I had to toss it. But than I found the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Now this has been said by YouTube gurus that it is like the Nars Creamy Concealer. Now I have not tried that concealer so I cannot say if I agree. But I do really enjoy this Maybelline concealer. I am in the shade Light. I just use this under my eyes and around the corners of my nose to get away from redness. The biggest thing for me is that this concealer does not crease as well as does not feel heavy. It is light weight, easy to blend, and it lasts for a really long time.

Cheeks! I love cheek products so much! I think they really make you feel and look alive when you put it on.

My number one highlighter of this year is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow. Holy Moly! This is probably one of the best purchases products of 2014! I just love how this gives me a bronzy glow and it looks so glowy and perfect. I love the Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle but I have been reaching for this one so much more. I also love that sometimes you don't need to wear any blush because of how pretty this looks on its own. 

The second cheek product is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed. This specific blush is my go to blush when I have absolutely no idea what would look good with the type of make up. But I also love how natural it looks.

Eyes: 
Eyes are probably my favorite feature on the face as well as my favorite part of make up. My top product of 2014 for eyes is cream shadows. I have been loving cream products for the eyes and I have a three. 
The first one is the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Vintage Selection. This was one first products that made me fall in love with cream eye products. I use this one either by itself or as a base. Now that I am in college, this is the perfect eye look for me. Putting this on and then mascara and then I am all done. 

The next cream eye shadow is BareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advance Performance Cream Eyeshadow. I got a sample of this in my Ipsy bag and I have not looked back. I have used this product so much and yet I have not run out at all. I am unsure of what color I got in my Ipsy bag but it is a taupe color and I love it so much. 

The last cream eyeshadow is Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive. This is the newest cream shadow to my collection and I absolutely love it. I have been using this one a little bit more over my MAC one lately. I also got this one in my Ipsy bag. 

I think any cream eyeshadow is amazing because it is a great base but it also is so easy to use by itself. I highly recommend them for anyone who is always in a rush or just needs a quick and easy look. 

I really really don't like to wear eyeliner on my waterline. I only like wearing liner on my top line. But there is on exception. When I am extremely tired or just need a pick me up for my eyes, I use the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude. This product just opens your eyes and your eyes look brighter and more awake. I suggest everyone have some type of eyeliner like this. It is extremely useful for those days when you need to look put together but you are looking dull and exhausted. This is perfect! 

Now my favorite palette of 2014 is the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette! The Naked line from Urban Decay is absolutely amazing and I cannot get enough of it. It was really hard to choose between the first basics palette or the second one. But I have only had the second one for a few months and the first basics palette for over a year. This palette is just so vital for everyone's collection. I at least use one of the shades in this palette every single time I do my make up. If you do not have this palette or the second one, I highly highly suggest it. They are both amazing but this one I have used a little bit more. 

Eyebrows! Now I feel like I have had the best eyebrows this year than ever before. I am still shaping them and soon I will do a whole blog post on my eyebrows but I have to tell you what I have been using on my brows. Anastasia Beverly Hills has been changing the beauty world and has changed the way I do my brows. Now I have used the Brow Wiz but I felt that it broke to easily and it was hard for me to make my brows look natural. 
So I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Soft Brown. Words cannot express how much I love this brow powder. It just works so well for me and it is easy to apply and my brows look natural and not done up. And I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Duo Angled/Spooley in 7. I have tried multiple brushes for this brow powder but only this brush works well. It is stiff and flat and it is so easy to maneuver. I highly recommend these two together. They are two peas in a pod. My last brow product is Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel. I unfortunately got the wrong color, it is a little to light for my brows but I take off most of the product and use a little bit and it just hairsprays my brows in place. They do not move, do not budge, they just stay in place and it is wonderful. Highly recommend but get the right shade or just get the clear gel. 

Lips: 
Before this year, I was never really into lip products. I was mainly into chapstick. But I have been experimenting a little bit more. My number one lip product of 2014 is the Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. This lip stain is so moisturizing and creamy and so comfortable that you just forget about it. I really love this shade as well. It honestly is the perfect 'your lips but better' shade. I recommend it to everyone but it just is perfect. 

My second favorite is the Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child. I got this lipgloss in a kit and I fell in love with this lip gloss. It is non sticky, moisturizing and the color is absolutely perfect for me because it is so natural and simple. I still have the sample and I use it all the time. I just think this is the perfect lip gloss. I just wish it wasn't so expensive but it is just a perfect lip gloss. 

My third favorite is the Loreal Collection Privee The Perfect Nudes in JLo. This JLo lipstick is absolutely amazing. I wear it all the time because it is extremely moisturizing and just goes with everything. I highly recommend getting your hands on this because it is such a beautiful color. 

Brushes: 
I have three brushes and one sponge. Obviously I had to recommend the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. This is apparently extremely comparable to the BeautyBlender. I do not know if that is true because I have not owned it but I am extremely happy with this sponge. I use it with both concealer and foundation and it is easy to apply and works well. Highly recommend if you want to try out a dupe for the BeautyBlender but don't want to spend a lot of money. 

My first favorite brush is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Everyone needs this brush. It just makes putting on foundation so easy and blends everything out so nicely and I just love how dense it is and yet my foundation always looks so smooth and flawless whenever I use this brush. Love it. 

The second favorite brush is the Crown Crease/Shadow Brush C476. I got this in an Ipsy brush and I have used it probably every time I put eye make up on. It is just so versatile and blends and packs eyeshadow on so well. Plus, I have been putting shadow on my lower lash line because of this brush and have been loving it. I highly recommend this brush because it is just so amazing and works wonders. 

The last brush favorite is the Urban Decay Naked 2 Brush. Now this brush comes with the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette but I have been using it so much and I just love how it has a flat shader brush and a fluffy brush on the other end. I have really been enjoying this brush when I use my cream eye shadows. 

Perfumes: 
I have two perfumes. These two perfumes are probably my favorite perfumes ever but I just wanted to share with you what they were. One of them is Philosophy Amazing Grace. This perfume is more on the musky side. This is probably my everyday perfume and it just suits my personality and I am so comfortable wearing it. The next perfume is probably a lot of people's favorites and it is the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black. Words cannot express my love for this perfume. It just smells of perfection. Honestly, this is just the best perfume for me and I am obsessed. I highly recommend this one but I also enjoy the white one as well. Such an amazing perfume. 

That, my friends, was my beauty favorites of 2014.

I do have a few random favorites of 2014. 
 One of my favorite movies of 2014 was Guardians of the Galaxy. 
I was extremely hesitant/I really did not want to see it but my mom dragged me and my dad to see it and now it is only of my favorite movies for the year. We own it now and I have probably watched it at least 7 times. I think it is extremely funny and quirky and a completely different type of movie than what I was expected. I highly highly recommend this movie if your into something funny and with a cute Chris Pratt. Plus the soundtrack is amazing.


I have one top song that I cannot stop listening to since it came out. It is is Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars- Uptown Funk. This song is absolutely amazing. Bruno Mars is probably one of my all time favorite artists and he always seems to amaze me. I know that it just came out and it has not been really out for the whole year but I just love this song so much that I could not put it in my favorites.

                                    
Those are my random favorites for 2014. I know it seems weird that I only have two but I really could not think of many random favorites that I had during 2014. I was trying to figure out if I had any favorite books but unfortunately I did not. But that is okay. 

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post. The reason I did not have pictures of these products is because I just did not feel that this blog post needed them. But I do hope you all had a wonderful 2014 and hopefully 2015 is even better. 
If you want me to talk about anything at all, please tweet me @SophiaReyes6 or leave it in the comments. 

Carpe Diem,
Sophia                                                                                            


6 of 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff