Skip to main content

Sophia Reads: The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Hey everyone!
I have decided to change my book reviews into Sophia's Reads. I just feel that it is a lot more personal and I was getting tired of the boring old title. Anyways, I hope you are all doing well and hopefully your month of April has been well. I have two more weeks left of college. I am super excited and happy about it but it is really hitting me that I will be a sophomore in college, one step closer to becoming a social worker. Crazy!
 Anyways, I posted about this book on my Instagram over a week ago and I have been dying to talk about it to you all. Now I first heard about this book from Allison Anderson on Youtube. I love her videos and she always gives great book recommendation. So when she talked about this book in a favorites video, I always kept thinking about it and contemplating on if I should get it or not. Than one day I was at Barnes and Nobles with my friend Darla, and I saw it and grabbed it and kept walking around the store wondering if I should get it or get another book. Darla told me to get it so I ended up getting it and I am so glad I did. This is a little early to say in the review, but I definitely think this book was life changing, well at least for me personally.

Summary:
This story takes place in Australia. It is about three women and each chapter is told by one of the three women, there is Cecilia Fitzpatrick, Tess O'Leary, and Rachel Crowley. One day when Cecilia was looking through her attic, she found a letter addressed to her, from her husband. Saying to open it when he is dead. Even though her husband was very much alive. That letter brings Tess, Rachel, and Cecilia into this twists of secrets and lies that will destroy two of them forever.

My Opinion:
I know that whole summary was pretty dramatic but I literally could not tell you anything without giving everything away. If you want to know the secret, your going to have to get this book. So when I first started the book, I was confused at what was happening and who were these women and if they knew each other or not. But as I got deeper into the book, I realized what was going on and it intrigued me even more and I had to keep reading. The reason why I said this book was life changing for me is because it really shows you that you can never know what people are going through. You have absolutely no idea and you cannot judge. This book really brings light to the fact that you should not judge a book by it's cover because when you open the book, you realize it is a lot more than you thought. After I read the last sentenced, I was filled with so much emotion. Sadness, happiness, confusion, sadness, overwhelmed. All over these emotions invaded me because of everything that happened. I would never have imagined the ending. Some books you kind of have an idea but this one kept you on your toes for the whole time. This is not a thriller but it definitely has some thriller aspects to it. I recommend this to everyone. I think this is a wonderful book to read over the summer. It definitely isn't a romantic novel to read on the beach but it is definitely a good book to take for a long getaway. Right after this book, I went online and ordered another book of hers because I was so in love with her writing and the way she told this story, I had to read another one of her books. I really recommend this book to everyone. Trust me, you will not be let down.

I hope you all enjoyed this quick Sophia Reads. I really enjoyed just letting my feelings out on this book because trust me, I had a lot of them. I hope you all have a wonderful day/ night! Tweet me or leave a comment on my Facebook or Instagram about any other books you want me to read because I am going to be reading a lot. I am kind of on a reading kick!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff