Skip to main content

Recent Fitness Loves and Inspiration

Hey everyone!
I have not talked to you all in a bit! I hope you are all doing well. I am finally feeling better after over two months of being really sick! So unfortunately during that time period, I did gain weight and started to look pudgy and less toned. Which is a big no no since summer is on its way!

So I have been working out a lot more with my friends and just trying to get more in shape and just feel happy with my body. Unfortunately, I have never felt happy with my body. I have always felt self conscious and felt like the ugly fat friend. And obviously that is not a healthy mindset, so I am trying to change that.

I can do another blog post on body image and confidence if you all want me to but since I am getting back on track with working out and everything, I thought I would share what I have been loving, fitness wise! Since summer is around the corner, this post might give you the push you need to start working out or changing your diet. It is all about the baby steps and moving forward.

All of this fitness love and wanting to get back on track started out with watching MarissaKathyrn on YouTube. I always watch her beauty videos and her vlog channel. She has been on a fitness journey and she has been tracking it on her vlog channel. She is so positive and gives great advice and just understands that this is a lifestyle and you will always have trouble but if you keep moving forward, you will get where you want to be. I just find watching her channel and seeing her talk about her food, and work outs is extremely motivating.

Since I watch Marissa every time she puts a vlog up, she talks about these two woman, Nikki Blackketter and Jazmine Garcia. So I started to check out Jazmine's channel and I fell in love. She is such a sweet heart and is so generous and just so uplifting. Now, Jazmine and Nikki are into lifting. That is their main form of excises and their tips and tricks for helping woman start lifting is really helpful. I am slowly starting to go down to the weight area at my gym even though it scares me and try to do different exercises. And boy let me tell you, I am weak. And yeah it is discouraging at the moment but than I realize that I am going to push and make myself stronger so I won't feel so discouraged. It really is a process and its hard but you have to be motivated. And that is what these three ladies does for me. They keep me motivated and they make me feel like I can do anything I want.

I highly recommend checking out their channels if you want a little fitness motivation and need a little bit of a push. Trust me, they are the ones you want to go to.

The next fitness thing I am loving is yoga! Now I have always loved yoga but lately I have been loving it a lot more than usual. The reason is that I have been doing a 30 day challenge with Yoga With Adriene and it has been so fun and enjoyable. Each day I lay out my mat and just do 15- 30 minutes of yoga and I feel so relaxed and rejuvenated as well as stronger. I have been able to hold a plank longer without shaking really badly and collapsing. I have also been able to do some push ups, not good ones but I still can do them. It is something that I really enjoy and the added benefits of a work out is amazing. I highly recommend doing the 30 day challenge and than see what you think about yoga. It honestly is not as easy as it may look.

The last fitness thing that I have truly been enjoying is my Fitbit! The Fitbit is great for seeing how many steps you have taken, how many calories you have burned, how many miles you have done as well as track your sleep. I can do a whole review on the Fitbit but I just think it is really great way to motivate yourself and keep you on track . I also enjoy on the app, they give you like smiley faces if you have reached your goal and it is another form of encouragement. Plus it just helps you track everything without doing anything except wearing it!

I hope you enjoyed this little fun blog post about fitness inspiration. I hope this helps getting you on the right track. Trust me I am on this journey with you. It is supposed to be a fun journey but it won't be easy. There will be ups and downs but you just have to stay positive and try not to get discouraged so much.

 I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening!
Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff