Skip to main content

February Favorites 2015!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I got a bunch of lovely comments about my last blog post. I am so glad that you all liked it. I really appreciate it!



Today I am going to be doing my February favorites! Now, unfortunately I do not have that many favorite products this month. The reason why is because I was really sick most of the month and I barely wore make up. But when I did wear make up, these were the products I used. Plus, I also have a couple of random favorites as well.

1: Benefit Rockateur Blush


This blush is from Benefit and I have had it for quite some time now. But I have been enjoying this blush a lot more lately. I feel that it adds such an nice flush to the cheeks. My make up look has just been minimal make up or a fresh look. Nothing to heavy looking and this has just been the blush that has been giving me the look that I want.

Now I know this swatch seems like the blush is not very pigmented and it looks bad but I promise you it doesn't. This swatch does not give it justice on how pigmented and smooth this blush is. Plus, when you put it on, it just glides on your skin and does not look choppy.

2: The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer



This is the infamous Mary-Lou Manizer. This highlighter has been praised and praised by the beauty gurus all around. All of you may know that I am obsessed with highlighters and glowy skin. I cannot even explain how badly I have wanted this highlighter. So finally I got it and have been wearing it non stop. The first time I put it up, I swirled my brush multiple times and put it on and it looked like I was a disco ball. It was so pigmented and I had to take some of it off because I would have looked crazy! This highlighter is no joke. I am absolutely in love. If any of you love the highlighter Soft and Gentle by MAC, you will need this highlighter. It is like Soft and Gentle, but on crack. It is magical. 


This swatch does not give it justice and I apologize for that. But I use a stippling brush and barely tap it and sometimes that's even to much because its so pigmented. I think any other brush used besides a stippling brush will pick up way to much product. The stippling brush picks up enough product that you don't look like a disco ball mess. 





This is another Balm product that I have loving. The queen herself raves about it all the time and that is NikkieTutorals. She uses this eyeshadow all the time in her tutorials and I just had to have it. Even though it is a loose eyeshadow, it is not messy to use. I love using this all over the lid or in the inner corner. It really makes you look awake and like you have put so much work into your make up look when you really haven't. These sexpot shadows are amazing and I really want to get more because this one is just so good. I highly highly recommend. 

Random Favorites! 



Tanya Burr is one of my all time favorite beauty gurus and when I found out that she was writing a book, I just had to get it. The moment I got the book, I began reading immediately. While reading this book, I just felt so connected with her and it felt that she was talking to me personally. I really love the beautiful photographs throughout the book. Another really cute edition of this book is that there are sections where you can write in them. Like your top ten products. Tanya made her book even more personal by adding that nice touch. I highly recommend checking her out but also check this book out. You could tell she has worked extremely hard on it and it shows. Great job Tanya!


So I have been having a pretty bad start to the year because of being sick and everything. So I was in bed all the time just watching Youtube and just trying to find new videos to watch. Than Beautycrush, who is one of my favorite gurus told me about Hannah Maggs. I have been kind of not watching daily vlogs lately but I decided to check it out and I fell in love. Hannah's channel is a weekly vlog about her, her husband, Stefan, and their son Grayson. I have fallen in love with this vlog channel. The editing is so stunning and the music that Stefan puts into the videos is so soothing and I have been listening to the songs over and over again. But what I really like about their channel is that even though they are an average family raising their son, they are still different and I enjoy watching them. They are one of the reasons I did not go crazy when I was sick because they kept me at peace with their videos. I even wrote Hannah an email telling her how much her videos mean to me because I was so touched by them. And I never write to my youtubers.  So please please check them out. 

3. Reflection by Fifth Harmony


This album is amazing! I have never really been a Fifth Harmony fan but when I heard this album, I was hooked. This is pretty much all I have been listening to when I get ready. This album just makes me so happy and I feel better listening to it. My top song is called Top Down. It just makes me in the dancing mood and all I want to do is dance. This album is just fun. That is the best way that I can describe it. Check it out. They are extremely talented and they deserve all the love. 

4. House of Cards Season 3 

Oh wow. This series is just incredible. Just incredible. I never am like, " Oh I so knew this was going to happen." I usually just gasp and scream because that is all I can do when watching this show. This show is on Netflix and season 3 just came out and me and my mom finished it in two nights. We could not stop watching it. It just never ceases to amaze me. The acting is absolutely incredible. Honestly, if you have Netflix, check it out. I was unsure about this show when I first watched but after the first episode, I was hooked and have not looked back since. It is about politics but it is so much more than that. Just watch it. Trust me. 

And those are all my favorites for February! I know it was not as much as usual but that is okay. I hope you all had a wonderful February but may March be even better. I hope you have a wonderful night/day. 

Carpe DIem,

Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff