Skip to main content

First Impression: Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with their families and friends. Today, I am super excited to do a first impression on a product that I am so excited about. It is the Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette. My wonderful best friend, Rachael, got me this for Christmas. Thank you! And I could not wait to write a blog post for you all!




Look at this beauty! 

So as you all know, Urban Decay is my all time favorite brands and I was so excited to have another part of the Naked line. Now the first thing that I noticed is how big it was. Now I know it has 11 products in it but I am so used to Urban Decay palettes being light and not really heavy but it is not to heavy where I do not want to bring it anywhere.

The second aspect I noticed about this packaging is the design. I really love the rose gold, coppery metal and the beautiful, unique design that says Naked Urban Decay On The Run. Packaging is the one thing that Urban Decay has hands down and so I was extremely impressed (as always) about the design of the palette. 

I also LOVE the huge mirror. I think that mirror is perfect for travel and doing your make up on the go. I also love that it is hinged so the mirror does not fall flat when you are doing your make up.  

The last thing that I want to touch on before reviewing the actual products is the concept. I think that this concept is brilliant. So many people are constantly on the go or having last minute plans and this really helps them out. I think this palette is perfect for anyone who works and goes out after work or someone who just constantly needs a day to night look. I also think this is a perfect palette for travel. Whether you are going away for a weekend or an entire week. This is the perfect palette. 

Now onto the eye shadows! 

Dive 

This eyeshadow just gives me life! This is the perfect eye shadow for an everyday look. Just swipe this on the lid with some mascara and lip gloss and you have a put together look. This is probably one of my favorites out of the eye shadow part. It is so pigmented and also it would suit any skin tone. It would also look super pretty as a cheek highlight. 

 Fix


This eyeshadow is a perfect transition shade. But this would work beautifully as a crease color as well. I think this a type of shadow that everyone needs in their collection because it just helps tie in any eye look together. I am so happy that Urban Decay put this eye shadow in this palette. Love it!

Resist 


This screams bronze goddess. I am loving this shadow for the holidays. This shadow would look perfect all over the lid, smoked out or also in the crease. But I did notice one thing. When I swatched this shadow, it was much more chalky than when I applied it on my eyes and blended it out. So I am not sure why the swatch was chalky. But I am telling you that on the eyes, it is not chalky and blends perfectly. 

Dare 


Unfortunately, this was one of my least favorite shadows in the palette. When I swatched it, it was extremely chalky and it looks patchy. I do not know if it is because I did not use an eye shadow base and this particular one needs a base. Also, I do not think this eye shadow is really necessary in the palette. I feel like Urban Decay should have either done an even darker brown or a black. I just am not feeling this eyeshadow. 

Stun 


This was a big disappointment. I just don't think this is necessary for this particular palette. It is really pretty but I just do not feel that this does anything for the palette. I think they should have either put a black or a dark brown instead. People can use this over the lid, but I feel that this shadow would look a little to patchy and chalky if it was not used with a eye shadow base. 

      Now onto the face products! 

Bronzer!


No. I think the one thing that Urban Decay needs to work on is bronzer. This is way to orangey and chalky. This would not suit any skin tones that I can think of. I was really disappointed. But I did know that people were complaining about the Naked Flushed palettes because of the lack of pigmentation and color. 

Blush!

I like this blush. It is very different to the blushes that I usually go for but I really like this blush. I think this is a perfect spring/summer blush. I do not think this blush is good for the winter and fall time unless you have a darker skin tone. Than I think you can wear this blush all the time. I cannot wait to wear it on the apples of my cheeks when it is nice and sunny and not cold and dreary. 

    Highlighter!

THIS HIGHLIGHTER IS LITERALLY A BEAUTIFUL DISCO BALL! I AM IN LOVE! As you all can tell, I am extremely excited about this highlighter. I kind of have an obsession with looking like a shimmery goddess and this highlighter is it! This is perfect for the cheeks, the cupid bows, or the eye brow highlight. I'm obsessed. You all should just get this palette because of this highlight. 



I have tried this mascara before and I have a love hate relationship for it. I think that first applying this mascara is WAY to wet and gloopy and the wand gets to much product and then your lashes look like spiders. If you like that look, get this mascara. But I really did like the aftermath of this mascara after it dries. But it takes forever to dry and sometimes it dries like spiders on my eyes, sometimes is dries like I have Beyonce lashes. I have mixed feelings about this but I am happy that this palette came with a mascara. 

Urban Decay 27/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stag 



This is a really nice dark brown eye liner with gold flecks. Unfortunately, you could not see those gold flecks but trust me, they are there. But I absolutely love these eye liners. I think they are so creamy and they last forever and I am so happy that this particular color came in the palette. This is perfect for a day look but also you can smoke it out to make it a night look. Urban Decay could not have put a perfect eye liner color. 

Urban Decay Naked Lip gloss in Sesso 


Perfection. I think these lip glosses are beautiful, smooth, moisturizing and not sticky. I think these are the best lip glosses I have ever tried. I have been wanting one of these lip glosses forever and now I have one! This color is a perfect color for any skin tone. I think this lip gloss is perfect for a natural eye or a smokey eye. I really like this color and I found out that this color is only for this specific palette. 

Ps: My wonderful mom was the handle model in these pictures. 

That is my first impression on the Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette. For a first impression, I think that anyone who is constantly on the run and need a palette to go from day to night, I think this is a perfect palette. I also think this is perfect gift for anyone who loves Urban Decay or who is new to make up and wants to try a more luxury brand. I highly suggest this palette. I was disappointed in those two eye shadows and the bronzer but that is okay. I still will use them no matter what. 

I hope you all liked this first impression! If any of you want me to do a first impression on anything, just tweet me! I hope you have a wonderful day/evening and happy holidays! 

Carpe Diem,
Sophia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff