Skip to main content

My First Month of College!

Hey everyone!

Long time no talk! I am really sorry that I have barely posted any blog posts for you in what seems like years. I have been super busy adjusting to everything that has been going on but I want to let you know that I am back. I have decided that on Sunday morning's, I will just sit down and write blog posts for the week so you guys can have good content. So as you know, I am in college. Now I have a lot of interesting things that have happened to me. So let's get started on my first month at college!

August 30th: Move In Day!

Now this might sound really weird to some of you, but I really did not want to go to college. I was getting really nervous the week before and I just was scared that I was not going to like it. So I moved in a day before everyone else because I am in the Honors Program and that was an option that we had. So my roommate was moving in the next day, so I was basically alone for the night. It was extremely hard, I am not going to lie to you. My family is probably the most important aspect of my life and I love them to death so the fact that I was not with them anymore was going to be a big adjustment.

The rest of September!

So for the first week of September, I was crying all the time because I was really homesick. After the first week, I was fine. I talk to my family everyday but I am okay now that I have lived here for a month. So classes started on September 3rd. My classes are: History, Sociology, English, Math Explorations, and Intro to Social Work because I am a Social Work major. My favorite class this semester is my History class. I absolutely love my professor. I think she is a wonderful professor. I love History in general, that is one of my minors, so the whole time in class, I am smiling because I love learning about the history of our country and everything. If any of you have an questions on classes, you can tweet me and I will be sure to answer your questions.

Friends, friends, friends. So I was really nervous to make friends. Honestly, I don't know why now because I have an amazing group of friends that I love so much now, but in the beginning it was hard. For like two weeks, it was basically my roommate and I hanging out. Then, I met my best friend at college and that is Rachael. I met her at a social work meeting and we just clicked instantly. And then I started meeting up with people from my orientation group and then I had friends. Basically, making friends is tough in college and any where to be exact but you just got to wait it out and see where the road takes you.

Work load has honestly not been that bad. My professors spread them out pretty evenly so that your not being filled with homework day in and day out. My biggest recommendation is to check your syllabus. That is literally the holy grail to your classes. It tells you when your tests are, when homework is due, everything. I love my syllabus and that is a huge way of how I stay organized because I look at them almost every day.

Parties:
I will be the first one to tell you, I do not party. There is no explanation to why I don't party, it's just I don't do it. Me and my friends have more of a shin ding where we hang out, blast music, dance and talk. But we don't go out to like apartments or stuff to party. Just not our thing. We might eventually but not now. But that's okay. Even if your in college, you don't need to party because "everyone" is doing it. College is about independence and figuring out who you are, not going with the crowd.

Overall:
I had a pretty good first month of college. There were some ups and downs but in general I have had a lot of fun. If your in college and your still not having a good time or you are struggling with classes. It is okay. Give it time. I know it sucks now but soon it will get better.

I hope you all have an amazing day/night! Tweet me if you just want to say hi @SophiaReyes6.

Carpe Diem,
Sophia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff