Skip to main content

My Travel Make Up Essentials!

Hey everyone!
I hope you are doing amazing! Anyone who lives in the U.S. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. So as some of you may know, I am currently in college. What?! It's not even the fall yet! Well I got accepted into a summer bridge program so I am currently in school for five weeks. I can do a whole blog posts about my experience after I finish the program. 3 more weeks to go! I also am going to start doing what to bring to college series because I do live on campus from Sunday to Thursday. So that will be coming soon! Anyways, I wanted to show you my essential make up products that I bring to school!

The Bag:

I got this specific make up bag from Forever 21 a while ago and I love it. Now I have a bunch of make up bags but I like how big this make up bag is but it's small enough to fit into your suitcase and not take up a lot of space. I also like that this make up bag is easy to clean, and you can throw so many products in it. Also, this is pretty inexpensive. I think most make up bags are starting to get over priced but the Forever 21 make up bags are good quality and inexpensive.

The Eyes:


You all probably know what this is but if you don't, it is the Urban Decay Naked Palette. The reason I bring this palette to school instead of some of my other palettes is because I have not given this palette enough love. But I have definitely have fallen back in love with this palette because I think it is a wonderful palette. You honestly can do anything with this palette, whether you want a neutral eye or a smoky eye. 

This is the other eyeshadow that I brought. It is the MAC Cosmetics Alluring Aquatic Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Lorelei


I have talked about this eye shadow so much but honestly I feel like this eye shadow is the perfect eye shadow for everyone. I absolutely love this eye shadow and I feel like this is the eyeshadow that everyone needs in their life. 

The next eye product should not be a surprised and it is the Clinque Chubby Stick Shadow Tint in Lots o' Latte



You all know how much I love this product. This is one of my favorite cream bases to use. I have been loving putting this as a base and then putting Mac's Lorelei eye shadow on top. So pretty! 

The next product is a classic Forever 21 eye lash curler.


 I absolutely love this eye lash curler because it is not like any other eye lash curler. It's curls your eye lashes and they stay curled all day. Plus it is super inexpensive. 

The next eye product is a liquid eye liner Nickak Shimmer Eyeliner in Blue



I just wanted to bring an eyeliner that gives me a pop of color. It lasts all day and when I say it does not budge, it does not budge. I got this in my June Ipsy bag.

I brought a couple of eye liners: 


The brown eye liner is by Covergirl and it is one of my favorite eyeliners of all time. It is super smooth and creamy and easy to smudge. The beige one is by Rimmel and it is the  Scandaleyes in Nude. I feel like everyone should have this eye liner because it opens your eyes and you look more awake. The teal one is just from Ulta and it's the Ulta brand. I like to use it when I am wearing a neutral eye. 




I love just swiping this on my lid and putting some mascara on and leaving for class. I think this is perfect for a neutral eye or for a pretty pink smoky eye because it would help the eye shadow stand out. 

Now onto mascara! My favorite mascara is Maybelline Falsies Mascara and Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara


I love overlaying these two mascara's on top of each other. These are my all time favorite mascara's. I absolutely love them. They make your eyelashes look voluminous and lengthy. If you have not tried any Maybelline mascara's, try these ones. 

Eyebrows!
This is an amazing brow product. I have the color Caramel. I absolutely love this brow pencil. It makes your eyebrows look beautiful and well put together. I feel like everyone should try this brow pencil if you love brow products and want to spend the money. It is expensive but I feel like it is worth it because brows frame your face and your brows are one of your most important features of your face in my opinion. Every time I wear this brow pencil, I always get's compliments.

This is the shade Caramel and this is way to light for my brows. But that's okay because I do not wear this by itself. I wear it on top of the Brow Wiz and it works beautifully. I love how this is like hairspray for your eyebrows. Once you put it on, your eyebrows will not come off, will not smudge, will just stay on your face. It is expensive but like I said, your eyebrows are important and you should enhance them. 

Now onto face!


Now I did a whole blog posts on BB creams here. I talk all about my opinions on this BB cream and other ones. I love this because it is light weight but it has good coverage. 



I think this is the perfect foundation for the summer. It is super light weight and it looks like you just have flawless skin when you apply it. I love this foundation. I feel like it blends well, there is a huge variety of shades and it is super inexpensive. If you want to try out a good drugstore foundation, definitely give this one a chance. 


I did a whole blog post comparing this primer to the Benefit primer here. I honestly really like this primer. I only brought it because it is super duper hot in the dorms and your make up basically melts off. But having this primer on helps with my make up to not melt off my face. 


I honestly I used to love this concealer. I thought it covered up my dark circles and it would not crease. But after repurchasing this product for the second time, I realized that this product does not work for me any more. It creases so much on me. It does not really cover up my under eye circles as well as it used to. I honestly do not know what happened. So I am just trying to use this concealer up so I can try out a new one. 



Now as you can tell, the writing has rubbed off because that's how much I use this product. I use this every time I put make up on. I have the color Transparent. I think this is a great powder for how inexpensive it is. It does not keep me matte all day but most of the day, I do not look shiny. I also never touch up because I never have time. If you would like to try a good drugstore powder, definitely try this powder. It's great!



This is just a sample of the Park Avenue Princess bronzer but I really like this bronzer. It is not to dark and it does not look like dirt on your face. I like to have a semi heavy bronzed look and this bronzer is perfect for that. It does have shimmer but when you apply it on your face, the shimmer goes away. This bronzer does stay all day and it does not just disappear off your face like some bronzers do. 




This is a wonderful blush. I want to do a whole blog post on this blush. I feel like this is the perfect blush for someone who loves the flushed look. That it looks like you are naturally flushed but it's the type of blush you are wearing. That is what this blush reminds me of. It is extremely expensive but I honestly feel like it is well worth it. I'm not sure if this blush lasts 12 hours but it does lasts a long time. 



As you all know, I love this cheek stain. I think this cheek stain is beautiful for summer. It is super easy to apply. It is light weight and it would work beautifully for every skin tone. I highly recommend this cheek stain. It is super expensive but this will last you forever because you barely need a lot of product.



You all know that this is a staple in my make up collection now. I love this highlighter. It might be my all time favorite highlighter because it just looks wonderful on my skin tone. I think it would look wonderful on any skin tone. I love how this gives me JLo glow and that is all I want. I highly highly recommend this product. 

Lips: 


I have talked about this lip gloss so many times. I love this lip gloss. I think this is a really pretty color for summer. The only thing I do not like is how sticky it is. But you get used to it. I wrote a whole blog post on it here



Ya'll know that this is my favorites lip product for the summer. I think it is super pretty because it can go with any make up look whether it's a smoky eye or a neutral eye. The Tarte LipSurgence are amazing because you can apply them lightly or you can build up the color. 

So those are my travel make up essentials! I hope you all enjoyed seeing what I bring to school. I do not change any of the products from my make up bag. I like keeping the products the same so I can find out if I still love the product or not. If there are any other blog posts you would like me to do, please email me or tweet me! I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff