Skip to main content

Battle of the Face Primers!


Hellloooo everyone! It is finally the weekend! Woot Woot! So I have been wanting to do a battle of... for a while but I was not quite sure what I should it on. So since it is summer, I thought I should do it on face primers! Now some people do not feel the need to use face primers and I was one of those people who always questioned the point of primers. But lately I have been having a ton of big events like prom and graduation that I needed to use a face primer. So LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!

Round 1: 

This is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. This is supposed to be a dupe for the Benefit POREfessional. Now some of you may know the chap sticks that Maybelline came out with called Baby Lips. Instead of having smooth lips, you have smooth skin and your pores are minimized. Now I got this before I got the Benefit POREessional and this was one of my first face primers I have ever tried. Now right off the bat I realized the texture was a mixture of water downed silicone and a little bit of moisturizer mixed in. That was the first thing that came into my head. The second thing that I thought of was the smell. To this day I honestly have no idea what it smells like but it does smell a little funny. It smells for a little bit after you apply it and then the smell goes away. So if you cannot take any smell in your make up, do not get this product. Now after when I put the product on, it blended into my skin smoothly. I applied this primer with my fingers. I let this settle into my skin for about 5 to 10 seconds. Now, when I first tried this product I thought it did not make a difference at all. I thought that my skin looked them same. Then I saw my face in a picture and my skin looked great. My pores did not look as big as they usually do. I normally have this on for about 8 hours. It lasts well, I do not believe in touching up unless it is lipstick or lip gloss. Overall, I really like this product for the price it is. There is one con though, if you have oily skin, I feel like this primer will just slide right off. I feel like the texture of this product does not stick to the skin well if you have oily skin unless you really let it settle in and then put your foundation on. That is my recommendation if you have oily skin. 

Round 2: 

Now this is the infamous  The Benefit POREfessional. Now this product has been all the rave for a couple of years now. The guru that talks about this product the most is Nicole Guerriero. She is one of my favorite YouTubers and every time she puts this product on her face looks flawless. So I had to try it. So my first thought was that it does not smell. Which I was pretty happy out. The second thought that I had was how smooth the texture was. It honestly feels like a whipped lotion. I do not know if that is just me but I really enjoyed the texture. Now I also apply this product with my fingers. I feel like it is really easy to apply and it glides onto your skin. Now I like that this product settles into the skin faster. I barely have to let it settle in my skin because it settles into the skin so quickly. I also wear this for about 8 hours. It does not feel greasy or anything like that. I like how my make up looks after 8 hours. It looks almost the same as when I first put it on. My biggest con is the price. It is so expensive for a primer. I feel like this is a luxury project. But this will defiantly work for all skin types. 

Round 3: 
DRUM ROLL PLEASE...........


I know this is super duper expensive but I honestly think this is the better face primer. I know the biggest difference is the price but if you really want a good face primer, I defiantly recommend this primer. Try to get the little sample size like I did. It lasts a pretty long time unless you wear a full face of make up every day. Then maybe the bigger tube will work out for you. 

I hope you all enjoyed this Battle of the Primers! I really enjoy making these. I kinda want to do Battle of the Eye shadows or Foundations. Let me know what you all think. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff