Skip to main content

First Impressions: The Nudes Palette by Maybelline



Hello everyone! 
It is finally Friday! Woot woot! I am officially out of school. So excited! But that is not the point! haha The point is that today I am doing my first first impressions! Now, this palette has been taking the beauty community by storm. So when I first saw a tutorial on it by shaaanxo. I love her and her tutorials. I think they are incredible. Anyways, because of her, the next day I got the palette and I am reviewing it for you today. 

Packaging!

I really like the packaging. I think it is a nice sleek compact palette. I think this would be a perfect palette for travel because it is small to put it in your travel bag. I also love that you can see the colors. Sometimes I hate that you can never see the colors in the palettes. But because you can see all the colors, there is no room for a mirror. Personally, I do not mind but some people may. 

Now on to the eye shadows!



So here are every single eye shadow that it is the palette. There are no names for each of the shadows. Now, some of these eye shadows are extremely pigmented as you can see. Unfortunately, some are not. The lighter eye shadows are not that pigmented unfortunately. Some of these colors you can barely see in the picture. I am really disappointed in those eye shadows. Those eye shadows are the ones that are extremely beautiful. Now I did not try to wet the eye shadows and then swatch them, so that might help with the pigmentation. Also, some of the swatches took one swipe. Others took at least 5 swipes before any pigmentation showed. 

My First Impression: 

I like this palette. I think some of the colors are absolutely gorgeous, others not so much. I also think that this palette is not needed in every ones collection. The reason why is because of the pigmentation. I mean if all the eye shadows were pigmented, than I would say, this is a must have palette. Also, this would be a perfect palette if the black was more opaque because you can then use it for liner. 

That is my opinion on this palette. I hope you all enjoyed this blog post. I enjoyed writing it. I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening. 

Carpe Diem,
Sophia 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaving Essentials 101

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all doing well! I have an exciting blog post to share with you all! For years, I have been trying to find the perfect shaving routine. Honestly, shaving your legs is extremely hard. You have to make sure you don't cut yourself, to miss a spot, let's just say it's a lot of work to shave your legs.  So for years I have been testing out different products and honestly I have found the perfect shaving essentials that will keep your legs nice and smooth but also minimize quick growth. Sometimes, there are times where I use a shaving cream or a razor and the next day I feel the hair is thicker and just not very appealing. So I am excited to share my shaving secrets with you all today!  The most important part of shaving is your razor. A razor is extremely important because honestly, if you have a bad razor, than you will have a bad shave and that is not so cute. I have tried many razors but the razor that I find is the best is the...

My Love for Pandora Jewelry!

Hello! I am super excited to be doing this blog post because it's about a topic that I have not really talked about on my blog. Today I will be talking about jewelry! Now ever since I was little, I have always wanted a Pandora bracelet. So many of my friends had them and my teachers had them and I was always so in love. Besides my Tiffany bracelet, my Pandora jewelry is my most prized jewelry pieces. So today I thought I would share my jewelry pieces from Pandora Jewelry  for you all! Three of the items I just got yesterday but I just had to share them with you because I am obsessed. So here we go! The first and my favorite Pandora item is my bracelet. The reason this is my favorite Pandora piece is because I got this as a graduation present from my parents and my little brother. My parents knew how much I wanted a Pandora bracelet and the fact that they took the time to pick out these charms specifically for my graduation present means the world to me. A lot of people thi...

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health p...