Skip to main content

Review: Wen by Chaz Dean Healthy Hair Care Kit


Hey everyone! How are you today? Now I have been waiting a really long time to do this blog post. So today I will be reviewing the Wen by Chaz Dean Healthy Hair Care Kit. Now I have been wanting to try Wen for years because I would always see the infomercials and all the models hair looked so beautiful and luscious and I wanted that to be my hair.  The reason why I got this kit is because of Annalee. She is a professional hair stylist at the Chaz Dean salon in LA. She has her own YouTube channel with her husband Jesse. I really enjoy watching their videos and even though she works for Chaz Dean, I really liked how her hair always looked and how she would style her clients hair. I think their hair always looked gorgeous. So I wanted my hair to look gorgeous so I got this set from Sephora. I thought it was a reasonable price for a full size conditioner and a good size pot of a deep conditioner and a treatment mist. 

My Opinion on the Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist:


This first thing that I noticed about this product is how much I loved the smell. It smells of mint and eucalyptus. It smells really nice and refreshing. I honestly really did not get the purpose of this mist. It did not replenish my hair at all. It actually made my hair dry and crunchy like I just put hairspray in it. I liked using this on my hair when I wanted to give it a little texture. Then it would work great but throughout the whole day my hair would feel so dry. And it did not really kept my hair looking textured and beachy, it just looked really dry and damaged. I honestly did not like this product. I tried using it a whole bunch of different ways but nothing worked. 

Sweet Almond Mint Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment:


I love the smell of this. It's the same scent as the mist but it's so soothing just having this in your hair for 20 to 30 minutes and just getting whiffs of it. So nice. When I first tried this product I thought that this was such a good hair treatment. I thought it made my hair super soft and it was easy to work with. Now, I only use a dollop of it and that is enough. I only put this product on the ends of my hair because that is where my hair needs the most moisture. After like 3 uses, I began noticing how dry and weird my hair looked. Now by weird, I mean the curls looked all straggly and my hair was super frizzy and dry. More dry than it was before I started using this product. And I used it with a bunch of different shampoos and conditioners and my hair was still really dry. It honestly felt like straw. So if you have super dry hair that tends to get frizzy a lot, definitely do not try this product. 

Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: 


Now I was probably the most excited for this conditioner because I loved the size of the bottle. I loved that it had a pump and of course, I loved the smell. Well my first complaint is the pump. I could not get the pump to work. No matter what I did, it would not pump so I just had to untwist the bottle and pore it into my hand. I was disappointed in that because I love conditioners with a pump. They are great! Now onto the actual product. Unfortunately, I really did not like this conditioner. Now this is a cleansing conditioner. Now honestly, why do you need a cleansing conditioner. I know you need a cleansing shampoo. But what is the point of a cleansing conditioner? Just wondering. I really liked using this for a first 5 times and then I noticed how dry my hair was. Now I barely wash my hair because it really is not good for you to wash your hair every day. But I felt I had to wash my hair more and more after I used this conditioner. I do not know if I used it to much or did not use enough product, but I really did not like this conditioner. Now conditioner is my favorite thing to use for my hair besides deep conditioners and oil but this was not keeper.  

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I know it was super negative but I honestly felt like I had to say something. I do not hear many people talking about Wen but I thought if you wanted to know about some products, here were my thoughts. Now I do not want to bash on Annalee because I think she's great but I just don't think Wen is a great brand for people who have curly or really frizzy or extremely dry damaged hair. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff