Skip to main content

Battle of the BB Creams!

Hello everyone!
Now as you all can tell, I love the Battle of the series. The reason why is because I can review a bunch of products for you all in one blog post. Since it is summer and not many of you want to wear a ton of make up, I thought I would tell you my favorite BB creams. I also want to let you know that there might not be many blog posts in the month of July. The reason is because I am in college at the moment and I am super busy. I will try to put up as many as I can but I just want to let you all know! :) I hoped you all had a wonderful June!

What is a BB cream? 
 Now BB stands for blemish balm. A BB cream is supposed to have a moisturizer, primer, concealer, skin treatment and foundation all in one. BB creams have been all the rage for a while now but not many people talk about them anymore.  NOW LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Round 1:

This is the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. This BB cream was one of the first BB creams that I ever tried. At first I did not like this BB cream. I was super confused on why the product was white. But when I started to apply the BB cream, it changed into the color of my skin tone. So instead of having a Casper the ghost face, I had a natural looking face. After I got over the fact that I was putting on magic white stuff on my face, I began to realize how easy it was to apply. It is super liquidy though. Most BB creams are a little bit thicker. I like how liquidy this is because it looks super natural because it is super light. Now I don't like applying BB creams with brushes. The reason why is I feel like it's not quick and easy if you are applying any BB cream with a brush. I love applying this with my fingers because it is super quick, it looks natural, and there are no streaks. Sometimes when I apply BB creams or foundations with my fingers, they are super streaky and patchy. Not a pretty site. There is one thing I don't like and that is the smell. Now I honestly am not that picky with products that smell but it smells like old plastic. I know really gross. It only smells like that when you squeeze the product onto your hands and then the smell goes away. So I do not know what's up with that. But I have been repurchasing this product for years now. I think this is the perfect BB cream to start out with because it shows your natural beauty but does cover up some imperfections. But just saying, you do need concealer with this. Actually, I always put concealer with my BB creams. I just like the extra coverage for my under eyes. 

Round 2: 

Honestly, I did not plan to have most of my BB creams be from L'oreal. But they make good products. This is the L'oreal Age Perfect BB Cream. Now you are probably all wondering why I am using a age perfect BB cream even though I am 17. Well, I took this from my mom because she did not want it. Or maybe she did. I forget! Oops! Well I think this is definitely a little bit thicker than the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. The reason why is because this gives a lot more coverage than the Magic Skin Beautifier. I like this one for when I am going out for the night and I will be taking pictures. Don't get me wrong, I use it during the day to but since it is so hot, I feel like it just slides off my face. I do not like applying this with my fingers, I prefer applying it with a brush or my Real Techniques sponge. Since it is much thicker than the Magic Skin Beautifier, I feel like just applying it with my fingers makes my face look cakey and patchy. Also, it does not blend out as nicely as it does with a sponge or a brush. I also, think this BB cream smells so much nicer. It smells like a nice moisturizer. But this product is a little more expensive than the other BB cream. I think that's because it's for more mature skin. 

Round 3: 


This is the L'oreal Youth Code BB Cream. I also took this from my mom because she did not want it. But I thought this BB cream was actually pretty similar to the Age Perfect BB cream. I think it is similar because they both kinda have the same purpose. But I do like this one better. The reason why is because this has a little less coverage than the Age Perfect one. You can definitely wear this in the day time during the summer. This has enough coverage that you do not necessarily need a concealer, but I put it on any way. I love how you can apply this with a brush, a sponge, or your fingers. It honestly depends on if you are in a rush or not. But this looks nice no matter the way you apply it. Also, this smells so nice. It smells like sunscreen and moisturizer. The reason why is because this has an SPF of 15. 

Round 4: 

This is the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. This was the very first BB cream I ever tried. I honestly love this BB cream. I think this is a great BB cream for anyone that is going to be out all day. This is great to wear to the park or to a baseball game. The reason why is because it has SPF 15. It has medium to full coverage. You can definitely build this BB cream up. I also, think this is so easy to apply. I mostly apply it with a brush or my fingers. I have not tried to apply it with a sponge yet. I have so many BB creams to try, I have not been able to repurchase this for a while. But I think this is great for anyone that needs some coverage but not to much coverage. Also, I love that this gives you a nice J low glow. I honestly do not know what's in it to make it have a nice bronzey glow but it looks beautiful. The glow is not overly powerful that you look oily but it looks super pretty in the sunlight. 

DRUM ROLL PLEASE! 


The Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector! I love this BB cream as you could tell. All of these BB creams are great but I think this one is the best. I think this would be great for anyone from beginners to anyone who likes trying out BB creams. I think this is a reasonable price for a BB cream. The reason why is because it has so many different properties that it needs to be a little more expensive. Also, I think this is better than some of the drugstore foundations that I have tried. It just has a little more coverage than most foundations but it's more natural. 

I hope you all enjoyed this Battle of the BB creams!. I really enjoyed making this blog post for you. If there are any more reviews you want me to do, please let me know. I honestly do not know what is going on with the comments but tweet me or email me if you want to. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night! 

Carpe Diem,
Sophia 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff