Skip to main content

Brand Focus:The Real Techniques Brushes


Hi everyone!
I have been wanting to do this blog post for so long and it is finally here! Today I am doing a brand focus on The Real Technique Brushes! Yay!

Now this is really exciting because not only do I love make up brushes but the creator of this brand is a fellow Youtuber. Her name is Samantha Chapman and she has a YouTube channel with her sister Nic Chapman called Pixiwoo!

So I am going to tell you a little about the line and then I will get into each of the brushes.

-Now these brushes are synthetic brushes. Which means that the bristles are cruelty free, soft, and creates flawless definition.
-These brushes are color coded. Some of you are probably wondering what each color means. The orange color is for creating a flawless base. The purple color is for enhancing the eyes. The pink color is for the perfect finish.
-Each brush hand is hand cut to a specific shape for specific uses.

And the best thing is that these brushes are so inexpensive but such good quality!

All this information is here.

Now on to the make up brushes!

This brush is the Expert Face Brush. This brush is specifically used for foundation. I think this brush gives you flawless glowing skin. I think this brush is easy to use, you do not need to put a lot of foundation on your face because with this brush a little goes a long way. I also really like the handle of this brush because its sleek and easy to hold while you blend your foundation into your skin.


This is the Buffing Brush. They do not sell this individually but they do sell it in a set. I love this brush for bronzer. Now, when I first got this brush, I had no idea what I was going to use it for. I apply my bronzer with this because the brush is dense, it is flat top, and you have completely control of where you want your bronzer to go. You definitely can use this brush any way you like but that is just how I use it. 


The next brush is the Stippling Brush. This brush is so versatile because you can use it for foundation or for concealer or for cream blushes. I use this brush for all three of these things. Lately I have been using it for cream blushes. But it works well for all three of those things. I also like how small it is because it makes blending precise. Some stippling brushes are so big that you cannot use it for multiple purposes but this brush you can. 


This brush is the Multi-Task Brush. I enjoy this brush. It is not my favorite but it is a good brush. The only thing I use this brush for is to put on powder. It puts my face powder on evenly, smoothly and not cakey. Since this brush is round shaped and not dense, the powder just glides on your face and stays put. I like that this brush is so big but the handle is so thin so you still can grip it well. 


This is the Deluxe Crease Brush. This is not sold on it's own, it is sold in a set. This brush is versatile for a couple of things, concealer and blending eye shadow in your crease. Now I have tried this brush both ways and I prefer to only use it for my eyes. Personally, it did not work well to blend out my concealer, it kinda made my concealer streaky. But for blending eye shadow into the crease, this is fantastic. This is small yet dense which is perfect to add a lot of color or not so much. It is easy to use and precise.


This is the Base Shadow Brush. This brush is amazing for eye shadow! It is great for packing eye shadow onto the lid. Blending eye shadow, as well as putting eye shadow in the crease. This brush is so versatile. I also really like how fluffy it is.


This brush is Accent Brush. This brush is SUPER DUPER TINY! This brush is the perfect brush for putting eye shadow into the inner corner. That is all I use this brush for and nothing else. It puts enough eye shadow onto the brush without putting so much that it causes fall out. I think this brush fits perfectly into the inner corner. Love it!


This is the Pointed Foundation Brush. This is the only brush out of my collection that I had no use for. The reason is that I do not like these brushes to apply my foundation. But what I can tell you is that the tip on the end is perfect for getting into those colors around your nose. This brush is not as dense as most foundation brushes are. If you like using these types of brushes but you like light coverage foundation, this is the brush for you. 


This is the Setting Brush. This brush is amazing! This brush has gotten a lot of hype on YouTube and for a good reason. This is great for setting your concealer. This fits perfectly under your eyes and it adds enough powder to set your concealer but not to much powder that causes cakiness. I also have been loving using this brush for powder highlight. Since this brush is pretty small, it works great to put enough highlight to not make your face look like a disco ball.



This is the Brow Brush. I do not use this brush for my eye brows. I use this brush for eyeshadow to create eye liner. I really like using black eyeshadow and this brush works perfectly to make the perfect precise line. This brush creates a smooth line and it actually makes the powder liner look like gel. I have not tried this brush on my brows but I think this would work well for that to. This brush is a little denser than most of the angled brushes and that is why this brush works so well.


This is the Miracle Complexion Sponge. I put this in my April favorites and I explained how much I loved it. This sponge is so unique because of how it is shaped. I have been loving using this for my foundation and my concealer. I also love how inexpensive this is. I heard it is a dupe for the Beauty Blender and I cannot say if it is true or not because I have never tried the Beauty Blender. I think this is a great sponge if you do not like brushes but like using a sponge for your foundation. 

I hope you enjoyed this brand focus! I enjoyed writing this post for you! I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff