Skip to main content

Winter Skin Care 2018

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and a good holiday season! I have decided that I wanted to share with you all my winter skincare. It has been insanely cold where I live and my skin has definitely been taking a toll. I feel like these skin care products can work for anyone honestly. I am 21 years old but I think that some of these products I recommend can work for more mature skin as well as girls and guys who are younger than me. So let's get started!

My first step before I go to bed or when I start the day is to wash my face. I have two different face washes I want to talk about that I have been loving. The first one is the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

This cleanser I started using because I got it as a sample and I wish I started using it sooner. This cleanser is so gentle and yet I feel like when I wash my face with it, it gets all the dirt and makeup and oils that have been on my face out. Whenever I use this cleanser, my skin always feels extremely smooth and hydrated. It never leaves my skin feeling dry.

The next cleanser is a little more expensive but no matter what situation, I always end up going back to it. It is the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser
This cleanser is so gentle but every time I use it, my skin feels and looks cleaner than if I use any other cleanser, besides the Mario Badescu cleanser. This cleanser has never steered me wrong and it is an amazing cleanser. I could not praise this cleanser enough.

One quality that both of these cleansers have is that they are foamy when you use them and I love it. Neither of them has a scent which is important for anyone who is sensitive to scents in their skin care.

The tool I use to wash my face is the Cleansing by Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush


I love this cleansing brush. I cannot wash my face without it because I feel like I am not getting all the dirt and makeup out if I just use my hands. I got this one instead of the Clarisonic because this brush is $90 and the Clarisonic is $169. I have had this tool since last Christmas and I love it and I highly recommend it. 

After I wash my face, I always use a toner. A lot of people do not believe in toner's because they think it takes out good oils from their skin but I disagree. Even though I wash my face thoroughly, every time I go in with a toner, there is always dirt or makeup that comes out on the cotton pad. My favorite toner is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2

I have been using this toner since I was in high school and I have never had an issue with it. I have been trying the Pixie Skintreats Glow Tonic. That one is good but for some reason, I feel like when I use it, it still leaves some makeup on my face. This toner, I have never had that issue. 

The next step is a moisturizer. Moisturizer is hands down one of my favorite parts of skin care besides face masks. The reason why is after you use a good moisturizer, your face is glowing and hydrated and it feels amazing. This moisturizer, in my opinion, is one of the best moisturizers to use during the winter time. It is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizer

This moisturizer comes in a jar and it has a gel mixed with water like consistency. It is extremely hard to describe but I only need to dip one finger into the jar and do four dots all over my face and rub it in. The best way to describe how it feels is a little thicker than water is being rubbed all over your face. It is a very odd sensation but extremely satisfying. Another important fact is when you put it on your face, it has a nice cooling sensation. During the winter, it seems you do not want to put anything cold on your face but it is extremely refreshing. Another point I would like to mention is that it has a light scent. I honestly cannot describe it but it smells clean. I personally do not feel that the scent is overpowering but I just want to let you all know. 

The next step in my skin care routine is a little bit extra but I have been using this product for over a month now and I can definitely see a difference. It is the Yes To Blueberries Age Refreshing Eye Firming Treatment

Some of you may ask why I am using an eye cream at the age of 21. My answer is that I would like to prevent crows feet around my eyes and it is better to start preventing them sooner rather than later. I smile a lot and when I smile, my eyes squint and I know that in the future I will have crows feet around my eyes. That is why I mentioned that this step is a little extra but it is still part of my skincare routine. One of my all-time favorite YouTubers, Amy Lynn Thompson raves about it and because of her I got it and I love it. 
It is extremely lightweight and I only do less than a pump and put three dots under my eyes and rub it in. I do this step morning and night and I have gotten in the habitat of using it that I cannot stop. 

The last and final step is, in my opinion, almost as important as a moisturizer. It is to use some sort of moisture spray or as I like to use the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb and Rosewater

This is one of the most talked about facial sprays and it is amazing. I use it in the morning, at night, or when I am feeling a bit dry but do not want to put moisturizer on. It is extremely lightweight and it has a cooling sensation as well. I could not recommend this facial spray enough. What is even better is that they just came out with a lavender scent and I cannot wait to try it. 

And that my friends is my winter skincare routine for 2018. I really appreciate it if you all let me know what you thought about this post. Also, if you have any skincare recommendations, I would love for you to let me know. Skincare is my thing and I definitely love trying out new products. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day or night wherever you are! 

Carpe Diem
Sophia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff