Skip to main content

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone!
Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all.

One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up".

I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let me tell you something, get those people out of your life. You do not need that negativity. You have yourself and your health to focus on. And if they feel the need to act immature and selfish, that is their problem. Not yours.

The reason why I am making this blog post is I have been extremely sick lately. This semester has been horrible and honestly if it was not for my family constantly being by my side and a handful of friends, I really have no idea where I would be right now. That is how bad it has been.

When you are constantly in pain and your body is in overdrive, you do not know how to stay grounded. With the support of family and friends, they help you stay grounded. At times it is extremely difficult for them. They do not want to see you suffer. They wish they could take away the pain. They feel helpless. But they are still there for you. They are patient with you and they love you. These are the people that you need to keep in your life. Not the people that could care less about your health. Those people need to work on themselves.

Something that I have always struggled since I was diagnosed with Endometriosis is finding good friends to support me. My family has always been there for me no matter what. But I am only 20 years old. A majority of my friends are going through their own stuff. But if they were truly my friends, they would still be there for me. Even when I am in pain, I am always there for my friends. They deserve the absolute best and I will forever be grateful for the few that have stayed with me.

Find yourself your own support group. Whether it is your friends or family or a chronic pain community. Anything that can give you the support you need to live a normal life.

It is really hard having chronic pain. There has been so many issues that honestly need to be addressed. That is one of the many reasons why I am doing these blog posts. I want to spread awareness into the world. People with chronic pain can live a normal life. But if we do not have the support and guidance to help us, it is extremely difficult.

I really want these posts to be an open discussion for everyone. Even if you do not have chronic pain or you know someone who does, these posts are for you as well. If any of you would like to just talk or share your story, please DM me on my instagram at sophia-milagros.Or you can write your story in the comments below.

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and I hope you all have a happy holidays!
Have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!
Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff