Skip to main content

March Favorites 2015!

Hey Everyone!
Happy April! Words cannot express how happy I am that it is almost summer! I am so ready to be done with my freshmen year of college! I cannot wait for warm weather! I hope you are all doing well! Sorry this March favorites is up a little later than I expected, I have had a hectic few weeks trying to get my grades up and just trying to work everything out! But I hope you all enjoy this blog post!

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of beauty products from last month. I just wore very simple make up, I did not really find any new products that just wowed me last month. But that is okay! I have a lot of random favorites though, so I am excited to share them with you!

I will first start with the make up and then get into the random favorites.

Almost a month ago, I ordered a bunch of Makeup Geek eye shadows because for years now, everyone on YouTuber has been talking about them and I have been trying to convince myself that I did not need them but obviously, I did need them! I can do a whole blog post on my opinions and thoughts on the Makeup Geek eye shadows if you are all interested. But I have been wearing this three shadow combo basically all month. It is extremely natural and simple but it looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

The first color is Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Beaches and Cream



This color was raved about by one of my favorite Youtubers, MannyMUA. He is incredible and so talented and I love watching his tutorials. He would always put Beaches & Cream as his transition shade. Now before watching him, I never really understood the point of a transition shade. I literally thought it was pointless. But after getting Beaches & Cream, I started putting this first before doing any other eyeshadow and I could tell the difference. My eye look just looked so much more smooth and clean and now I cannot go out without using this as my transition shade.

The next eyeshadow that I use is Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Barcelona Beach



This eyeshadow should be called Sophia's Perfect Shade. This eyeshadow is the perfect crease color. I have been putting this shadow right over Beaches & Cream and blending it into the crease. This just makes you look more awake and like you have a day smokey eye. Lately, I have been trying to do more smokey eyes and this shade has been used a lot to try to achieve that look.

The last eyeshadow that has completed this combo is the Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Shimma Shimma



This eyeshadow is perfection. That is literally the only way to describe this wonderful, gorgeous eyeshadow. This is the most creamiest eyeshadow out of all of the three eye shadows. I put this eyeshadow on the lid and then put a lot of mascara on and I am good to go. This eyeshadow will complete any look. It is the perfect lid shade, I also love using it to brighten my inner corner as well. But this would also be beautiful as a highlighter, which I have not tried but will very soon.

This combo is the perfect eyeshadow look for winter to spring because it makes you look put together and awake but also looks like you put effort into your look. So get all of these shadows, trust me, you will not be disappointed.

This next product was given to my by my wonderful godmother, Manina! Hi Manina!
As you all know how obsessed I am with the Clinqiue Chubby stick cream eye shadows. Well they have them but for the lips and I have been wanting to try them for so long. And now I have one!

This is the Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry




Is this not just the perfect spring/summer shade. I just am in love. I love how you can make this sheer or build the color up as much as you want. I have really enjoyed wearing it with the eyeshadow combo or just mascara and then this. This color just pulls your whole face together in my opinion. I love how it is not sticky, it has a really nice gloss to it but it is not overly glossy.  But I am really impressed that it leaves a stain. I put this on in the beginning of the day and then after lunch, I come back to my dorm and I notice a nice stain to my lips. I am really impressed by this lip product and I am excited to try some more. 

Now onto the Random Favorites!

The first random favorite is a book. Now I have been reading this author since I was in 6th grade. She is one of my all time favorite authors in the entire world. I have met her a couple of times and she is genuine and sweet, which makes me love her even more. The author I am talking about is Richelle Mead. She came out with a new book in February and I pre-ordered it and the moment I got it, I could not put it down.

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
This book is from her second series called the Bloodlines. I highly recommend you read her first series, the Vampire Academy first. It is one of my all time favorites series ever. She just captures the true essence of vampires and romance and danger all in one. I cannot tell you much about the Ruby Circle because it is the last novel to this series, but it was really good. I can never tell how her books/ series will ever end and that is one of my favorite parts about Richelle Mead. Check her out! Her books are really good summer reads in my opinion.

The next favorite I have is a movie. I am not sure how much people know this about me, but I am obsessed with Disney. Like if I could be a Disney princess, I would. I watch Disney movies 24/7. My favorite Disney movie of all time is Tangled and I can recite every single line. I am that obsessed. So when this new Disney movie came out, I am not going to lie, I was disappointed. It did not appeal to me at all. But then I kept hearing about it and I am like I have to watch it. After the first 10 minutes, I was hooked. The movie is Big Hero 6.

This movie is so precious and sweet. But what I love about this movie the most is that it shows kids that science is really cool. That science is not boring and different. But that you can make so many cool, intricate things with science. I also really liked how there were three really strong female characters in this film. I am kind of obsessed with Baymax and I really want one of my own. I am not going to lie, I did cry at the end. It was really touching and it made me emotional for a couple of days. I

My next random favorite is an artist. Now, I have been slowly getting into country for a while. But I was never obsessed like most of my friends were. But I was listening to Luke Bryan and Hunter Hayes a lot more. Than one day, a song came on and I was like who is that?! And it turned out to be Sam Hunt.
Sam Hunt is my new music obsession. I cannot stop listening to his album, Montevallo. Every single song has been on repeat since the beginning of the month. If you have not listened to Sam Hunt, do it, he is amazing, talented, and beautiful. I mean that is a perfect combination.

The last random favorite is yoga! I have been really enjoying yoga and doing yoga. I did a 30 day challenged with Yoga With Adriene and I was hooked. I am now doing another yoga challenge and I am going to compare and contrast both yoga challenges. I recommend yoga to everyone. It makes you feel so good and it just relaxes you but strengthens your body as well. Try it, you never know what you will think of it.

And that is all my March Favorites! I am so excited for April to finish because than I will only have a week left of my freshmen year of college. That is crazy! But also super exciting! I hope your March was all well but I hope April is better! Have a wonderful day/night!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff