Skip to main content

Review: Aveda Smooth Infusion Line


Hey Everyone, 
Now for years I have been looking for a line to make me be able to manage my insanely curly hair. So one day my mom and I went into the Aveda story at our mall. I explained my hair situation to the sales associate and she recommended the Aveda Smooth Infusion Line

This line is specifically targeted for people who have extremely curly hair and would like to be able to loosen the curls after a certain amount of time but not damaging it with chemicals.

The first part of the line is the Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner


Now the sales associate said that the whole line works best if you do wash your hair using the Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner. Now I have not yet tried straightening my hair without the shampoo and conditioner. But what I can say is that I really do enjoy using the shampoo and conditioner. It definitely keeps my hair super silky and smelling lovely. Also, before even putting any other product on, I noticed that when I brush out my hair to get all the knots out, it is much easier to comb out. I do not know why but I really like this shampoo and conditioner. Now I got the mini size of the shampoo and conditioner instead of the full size because I was not sure if I really needed to use the other products with them. But the sales associate really recommended it so I just gave the mini's a shot. Now these mini's have lasted almost 6 to 7 washes. And there is still 1 or 2 washes left in them. Now that is pretty good for a mini size of shampoo and conditioner. Now it also depends on how long your hair is and if it is thick or thin. Now my hair is extremely long as well as extremely thick. But if you have thin and short hair, these mini's could last you even longer. 

Next Part of the Line: The Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother


Now this product you put on right after you get out of the shower. You put it from your roots all the way down to the ends. But you only need one pump. And the pumps are like a quarter size. Now the sales associate said that what this product does is help with humidity and frizziness. It also helps the frizziness and humidity when your hair is straight. I really like using this product because it is not thick, it is not heavy, it is extremely easy to work into my hair and it absorbs really easily. Plus, it is not sticky and that was one of my biggest concerns. I was nervous that the products would be to sticky that it would be really hard to straighten my hair. But it is completely opposite. 

The Final Product in the Line: Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight

Now out of all the products in the line, this was the one that I was most excited about. This product was the one that drew me into the line. This is the final step that you do before you begin straightening your hair. Now how I use this is I spilt my hair into sections to straighten it and then I take a dime size amount and put it all over that specific section, from root to tip. This product is what loosens the curl after using this for a while. It has plant derived fibers that keeps your hair straight day after day, while being able to fend of humidity. ( Got that from the back of the bottle) Plus on top of all that, it helps make the process of straightening your hair much quicker. 

Now I want to show you all the tools I use to straighten my hair and then I will tell you my final thoughts on the line. 

For Tools:

Straightener: 

Blow Dryer: 

Hair Protectant:

Clips: 

Hair Brushes: 

Paddle Brush: 

Round Brush: 

Comb:

Those are all the tools that I use to straighten my hair. 

This is what my hair looks like after I have straightened it.


Now I am still perfecting how to straighten my hair but overall, this incredible how straight it looks compared to when I would straighten it before without these products. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of it but let me tell you, I looked like a poodle. 

My Final Thoughts:
I recommend this line from Aveda. I think it is a fantastic line. This is one of the only hair line's that actually works for my hair. Now that is saying a lot because I have tried everything. Even though this is pricey, I am willing to pay the price because of how easy it is to use. How nice my hair looks after I straighten it. There are not a lot of steps and plus you can take out products, add more products, or just use what you think works for you. I like that you do not need every single one of these products. It works really well all together, but it is not necessary. A bonus to why I like this line so much is the smell. It smells so fresh and clean and it smells like that for a while. The smell doesn't go away after a day. Try the line out and let me know what you think. I am really curious to see what other people think about this line. 

I hope you all enjoy this blog post. If there are any other products or lines you would like me to try please let me know. I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening. Tweet me @SophiaReyes6. 

Carpe Diem,
Sophia 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff