Skip to main content

First Impression: Sephora Favorites Meet Your Match!



Hello everyone! I am super excited to be doing my first first impression blog post! Yay! Now I got this a while ago but I have not really touched it or played around with it. A first impression is basically my opinion on these products and how I think of them the first time I swatch them, use them , stuff like that. Now this is a value set from Sephora and it is the Sephora Favorites Meet Your Match

Now this was pretty popular among some YouTubers a while back and I really liked the products and wanted to try them and it was only $25 for 6 sample size products. Which I thought was a pretty good deal. 

Packaging: 

I love the packaging. I thought it stands out because of the bright colors and the interesting print on the cardboard. I also love the concept of matching you lip gloss to your nail polish. I thought it was a really fun idea for summer. 

Match 1:




This is the first lip product that I want to tell you all about and it is the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Elite. I absolutely love this product. The Tarte LipSurgence are amazing. I think they are one of the best lip products out there because they are so versatile because you can wear them sheered out or more pigmented. Now I wore this on my graduation day and I got so many compliments. I think this works so nicely with any skin tone because it is a nice pink that gives enough shine that it looks pretty and not super shiny like you have oil on your lips. Also, this is not sticky. It is so nice and smooth to apply and once you put it on, it literally feels like you just applied chap stick. 


This is the nail polish that the Tarte LipSurgence was matched to and it is the Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Girls Just Want To Have Fun. And this color just screams summer. I have never tried a Deborah Lippmann nail polish because they are SUPER expensive but I am so excited to try this one. I think this color would look GORGEOUS with anyone who has a tan or a darker complexion. I do not know how it would look on my fair girls unfortunately. Also, I love the name. In my opinion, nail polishes that have a pretty color AND have a cute/quirky name, I am all over it! 

Match 2: 




THIS COLOR IS TO DIE FOR! I am so so excited about this Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Child. I think this is the perfect nude for anyone. Now I have really pigmented lips and this just mutes it out enough that my lips look like a natural nude and not like a concealer on my lips nude. This is probably the product I was most excited for because everyone and there mother have been talking about Hourglass on YouTube and I always wanted to try some products from them but it's so expensive! But this lip gloss is so luscious and smooth to apply. It just glides on your lips. It is not sticky at all. And on top of that it smells like vanilla! But when you apply it, it does not smell anymore. I honestly think that everyone should own this lip gloss if they love nudes or have been searching for perfect nude because honestly, it's really hard. Nudes are kinda tricky to work with depending on your skin tone as well as your lip color. But trust me, you are going to want to try this.


This is the nail polish match and it is the Formula X nail polish in Invincible. Now some of you may or may not know but Formula X is a Sephora brand nail polish and they are amazing. They are super buttery and pigmented. Also, the color selection is insane. Now I was afraid I had this color but luckily I did not. But I love these beige/white colors for the summer and fall because they look super clean and fresh on the nails. I also love putting a glitter nail polish on top because it makes these types of colors pop more. 

Match 3: 



Bite Bite Bite. This company has been super duper popular lately. This is the Bite Super Fruit Lipgloss in StrangeFruit. Now I think that is what the color is, I honestly could not tell because of how tiny the writing is. Now today was the first time I applied this lip gloss and all can I say is wow. This is such a pretty color. Now don't get me wrong, in the tube it is beautiful but when you apply it on the lips it is pretty pigmented. I applied about two coats. Now you can build this up even more but I really like it just like this. This is a great lip color for anyone who is going to a summer barbecue or an event where you want your lips to stand out. Now I will admit these are a little bit sticky. Not as sticky as some glosses are but they are sticky. Now there is a scent to it, I do not know what it smells like but the moment you apply it, you cannot smell anything. 


This was such a hard nail polish to take a picture of because I wanted to get the right color. So this is the Nails Inc. Nail Polish in Devonshire Row. Very interesting name. Now I do not know if I have told you all but my all time favorite nail polish colors are purple.  Any kind of purple whether it is lilac, muted purple or purple black. I love them all. In the picture it looks hot pink....sorry! But honestly it is a deep purple. Perfect for fall. Now you can so wear this in the summer but I think it would be an even better transition color from summer to fall. I am so excited to try this nail polish because a lot of YouTubers from the UK, rave about this brand. 

So that was my first first impression of the Sephora Favorites Meet Your Match. I hope you all enjoyed this blog post. I really like this value set and I think is a great deal. It is different to most of Sephora's value sets because there are 6 different brands in the box. If you would like me to review anything please let me know. I honestly have been trying my best to figure out how to fix the comments but if you want to tweet me @SophiaReyes6 with any requests or just to say hi, that would be wonderful! Have a wonderful day/night!
Carpe Diem, 
Sophia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff