Skip to main content

May Random Favorites!

Hey Everyone!
It's finally summer! Yay! I have been waiting for summer since the beginning of September. Now I usually have some beauty products for my favorites but honestly I barely wore any make up in the month of May. But I do have a lot of random favorites so lets go!

This month I have a ton of music favorites!

My first favorite song is Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isakov.

I first heard this song in Meghan Rienks April favorites. I absolutely fell in love with the lyrics and the  tune of the song. I had really bad anxiety in the month of May and I used to play this and it would instantly relax me. Also, I would play this song before I went to sleep because it was like a nice lullaby.

My next favorite song is Vida by Ricky Martin!

Now my whole family has been a huge Ricky Martin fan for years. Since this year is Fifa in Brazil, Ricky Martin came out with this song for it! My mom and I fell in love with it the moment we heard it. The vibe of it just screams summer. This is the summer song of 2014 in my opinion. This song is just perfect to blast to in your car and just dance too. Love you Ricky!

My next music favorite is Iggy Azalea!


I have always loved Iggy Azalea after I heard her first single Bounce. But this month I have been loving her even more. When she came out with Fancy...I was obsessed.  The music video is perfect, she is perfect and the song is so catchy. Then she came out with Problem with Ariana Grande. Such a good song! I think Iggy Azalea is so talented and different. She is making a big statement in the music world and I love it! I feel like she could do a song with anyone and it would be perfect. Also, I got her newest album The New Classic on Spotify and every song is AMAZING! Some of my favorites are Black Widow, 100, Work, Fancy, Change Your Life. I defiantly recommend you all check out her newest album!

Now on to a new TV show that my whole family has been OBSESSED WITH! And it is Lie to Me!

This show is on Netflix and it is probably the most addicting show ever! It is about this man named Cal Lightman and he is a deception expert. He reads people and sees if they are lying or not. I first saw this show in my Psych class and I was hooked. Every episode has a different story line and after watching the show constantly, you begin to detect little movements in people's face and you know when they are lying or not. My mom and I have been doing it a lot to my brother and my dad. This TV show is so incredible and it is also based on a real doctor! So if you have Netflix, definitely go watch this show! 

My next favorite is Broadway Idiot. 


This movie is also on Netflix. This movie is based on how American Idiot the Broadway musical was made. It talked about how Green Day especially Billie Joe Armstrong helped out with the musical and what he thought about the making of the musical. It was such an interesting documentary. I absolutely love documentaries and I absolutely love Green Day. They are one of my all time favorite bands. I also really liked the perspective of each of the cast members as well as Billie Joe Armstrong's perspective. This documentary was so well made and I also really liked how it showed some scenes from the actual show. I highly recommend this documentary if you love Broadway, you love Green Day, and you just love how productions are made. 

My second to last favorite is The Normal Heart!

Now I did a whole review on this movie. Here. I just loved it so much. It was so inspiring and heart wrenching. I think everyone should see this movie. It is incredible. The actors did amazing. The story line is amazing. So go check out my review if you want to know more about the movie. 

My last and final favorite was my last day of high school!




These are just a few pictures from my last day. My last day was May 16th. I am so happy that I am officially done with high school. I honestly did not have a good experience in high school. This year was actually my best year. I am so ready for college and to move on with my life. Class of 2014 baby!

So those are my May random favorites! I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

Carpe Diem, 
Sophia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff