Skip to main content

What I have been loving for January

Hi everyone!
In the month of January I have been testing out a bunch of products and today I would like to share my favorites with you.
1) My first favorite is Amazing Grace by Philosophy perfume.This. I have a few perfumes that I have gotten as gifts throughout the years but this perfume stood out this month. It has a floral/ musky scent. The perfume lingers throughout the day. Especially if you spray it throughout your hair and your clothes and throughout the day you catch whiffs of it and it smells delightful. Plus the little quote that they have on the bottle just puts a smile on my face. The quote is, "In the end, it all comes down to one word, grace."I suggest this perfume if you want to try something a little bit different and like the mix of light and musky scents.

2)My next favorite has changed how I take care of my hair and how I look at my hair. My hair is naturally curly. I am half Puerto Rican and half Dominican and the curls are so tight and that when people pull on it, it bounces back into place. So when I got this for Christmas from my parents I was ecstatic. It is the, It's- a- 10 Miracle Leave-in  Plus KeratinThis. The first time I used it, I sprayed the product three to four times into my damp hair. When I woke up the next day, my hair was not tangled and my hair looked like curly hair instead of a poodle's head. After that day, I was hooked. I suggest this product if your hair is damaged or your hair lacks hydration, this product is just for you. My one suggestion is to not put it near your roots, only put it at your ends. You can use this product when your hair is wet or dry. I personally prefer to use it when it is wet. 

3) My next product, I stole from my mom. It is the Soap and Glory Heal Genius Amazing foot creamThis. I live in Massachusetts and it has felt like Antarctica here. My skin was extremely dry and I have felt the dryness especially in my feet. Sorry, TMI. But I would put this on after `I took a shower and then I would put fuzzy socks and then leave my feet alone. When I woke up, my feet were so soft and hydrated. It was magical. I highly suggest this product if your feet are dry or if you just need a nice foot cream. Plus the scent smells a little minty and it has a cooling affect when you put it on. If you do not like minty smells, you probably won't like this product.

4) Continuing with the need for hydrating my skin, I have been LOVING the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E. This. This is fantastic for people with dry skin and also with people who have stretch marks. I put this on three times a week after the shower and when I wake up, my skin feels like it is brand new. For this product you need to let this moisturizer set in because it has a very thick consistency. I also have some stretch marks on my stomach and with time, the cream has helped them look less dark. I highly recommend this if you live in a place where it is freezing or extremely dry because this will replenish your skin.

5) My next product is a blogger/ YouTube favorite. I just received this for Christmas from my parents and I am in love. It is the Urban Decay Naked 2 PaletteThis. I have brown eyes and this just brings my brown eyes to light. This is the palette with all the cool tone shades. I honestly think these colors would look gorgeous with people with any eye color but especially brown and hazel eyes. The pigmentation is incredible and the colors blend together  smoothly.

6)My next product is a blush that I have had for a little bit and it is the Benefit Rockateur Blush. This. This blush is a rosy blush with shimmer in it. I have an olive complexion and this looks beautiful. The pigmentation is gorgeous and the shimmer does not overpower your face but it does show when you move your face into the light. I highly suggest this blush for any skin tone because rosy colors looks good on everyone. Also, it is the type of color that can go with any make up look. It is a little expensive but if you can afford it, I highly suggest you can to try it.

7) My last and final favorite is a random favorite. I am a major book worm and throughout each month I will try to have a few book reviews and then every favorites I will have at least one book favorite. This months book favorite was The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan EvisonThis.This book was incredible. It was a pretty easy read but some of the parts were a little confusing to understand. I do not suggest it to people under 13 because some of the topics that he talks about, you might not understand. This book is about this caregiver who is a mess and has no control over his life, who takes care of a 17 or 18 year old boy who has MD, Muscular Dystrophy. This story is about how these two people save each other in ways that no one else could. It is filled with tragedy, love, and hope. I highly recommend it if you are wanting a new book to read.

I hope you all liked my first blog post. I am really happy about sharing all my ideas and inspirations and reviews with you. If you would like me to do any specific blog posts please leave them in the comments and I am sure I will put them on my blog post list. I hope you all have a wonderful day/life.
Carpe Diem
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff