Skip to main content

My Picks for February

Hey Everyone!
I hope you all are doing well! I am still working with how to take pictures but they will get better soon. I promise! March is tomorrow! Yay! I am so ready for spring! I am so tired of the cold, gloomy weather. I want to wear dresses and skirts and not have to wear my coat 24/7. But how did your February go? I hope it when well! :D
Today, I am going to tell you about my February picks. Now I do not have a ton of make up products. I have more random favorites this month!

1) Anastasia Brow Wiz: This month I tried the Anastasia Brow Wiz in the color Caramel. Now I have tried brow pencils before but they were all from the drugstore and they got used up so quickly because I would always break the tip. But I have been really loving how my brows have been looking with this product. It is very easy to apply. The pencil itself is creamy and smooth. I like that it is a twist up because it helps save the product. Also, I do not have problems with having this pencil break on me. I do not know why, but no matter how much pressure I put on the pencil, it does not break. This is pricey for a brow pencil. It is $20. But if you love your eyebrows and are willing to shell out the money, I highly recommend it because it really is amazing.

2) Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel: This month I tried out another Anastasia product. It is the Anastasia Brow Gel. I LOVE this product. I think I love this product a little bit more than the Brow Wiz. The reason why is because I just swipe two coats on my brows and I am out the door. No fuss or anything like that. And when you apply it and let it dry, it won't budge. Like one of my fears with make up is that when I rub my face, one brow will stay put and then the other brow will just disappear and no one will tell me! But so far that has not happened with this product. This product is also pricey. It is $22. Now you can always get the any clear brow gel but if you want a nice tinted brow gel that won't budge, this is your product.

3) Buxom Full-On Lip Polish: Now I have done a whole review on this product. Here I give more information about the product and why I love it. But basically this is a simple lip gloss that you can throw on and it goes with anything. I really enjoy this product. It is pricey for a lip gloss at $19. But if you want a simple lip gloss that you do not have to think about, I think you will really enjoy this.

Now onto the the random favorites!

4) Torri Kelly Pandora Station: Words cannot describe how obsessed I am with this Pandora station. I heard about her from the Super Fruit channel on YouTube. They are two guys from Pentatonix, Scott and Mitch. They did a mash up with her and I fell in love with her voice and when I listened to her Pandora station, it was perfect. It has John Legend, John Mayer, Ariana Grande, and a whole bunch of different artist. If you enjoy those artist, I think you will enjoy her music.

5)
The Carrie Diaries! Words cannot describe how much I love this show. Now I have not seen Sex and the City but I really want to. But this is based on Carrie and it is her pre Sex and the City days. This show has sexy guys, amazing fashion, and realistic problems that teenagers face. When this show first came out, I really did not want to see it but one day I was bored and it was on Netflix andI put it on and then I could not stop watching it. The chemistry with Anna Sophia Rob and Austin Butler is amazing! And one of my favorite characters is Mouse. If you have Netflix, I think you should see it because it is sweet and a cute TV show to get into if you like teen drama, high fashion, and the 80's!
6)

  
The movie Stuck In Love has two of my favorite actors and they are Lily Collins and Logan Lerman. I think they both are really talented and when I saw they were in it, I knew I had to see it. This story is about a dad, who is an amazing author, who is stuck up on his ex wife that left him two years ago. His two kids, one in college, one in high school both like to write and it is about how they fall in love and deal with their dad and mom. This movie is not for anyone under 13is because it does have swearing, drugs, and some nudity. But the story line is what made me fall in love with this movie. The movie was just so brutally honest about life and this family. This movie is on Netflix and I highly suggest you watch this if you are into romance, comedy with a mixture of sadness and heartache.

7) The Death Class: The True Story About Life: This book is INCREDIBLE. It is by the author, Erika Hayasaki. It is about a journalist who follows this professor who teaches a college course on death. The story shows the pain and suffering of four of her students as well as her own life. This book takes place throughout a span of 10 years. This book is brutally honest about addiction, homelessness, jail, and death itself. I think this book is more for anyone 16 and up because the topics throughout this book is not for anyone younger, in my opinion. But if you have the time to read it, I highly suggest it because it opens your eyes to so much. And I will be doing a book review on this soon. 

8) Blogilates! Blogilates! Blogilates! Now you all are probably what is that! This is a Youtuber named Cassey and I have been loving her because she has been kicking my butt to get into prom shape! Now I have always loved her videos but since prom is in three months, I am working my butt off and she has been helping me. This is her YouTube channel. And This is her official site. She has recipes, a calender with workouts to do and her own workout clothing line! She is super peppy and sweet and she makes you work hard but you are having fun in a way. A very painful way but hey! So check her out because she's awesome!
9)
Last but defiantly not least was THE SOCHI OLYMPICS. I love the Olympics. It doesn't matter if it is the Winter Olympics or if it is the Summer Olympics. The whole two week span of it just makes me so happy. This year my dad and I got really into watching Curling because it was always on in the morning before we went to work and school. And at night my family really got into figure skating and all the snowboarding and skiing events. But the biggest upset was when USA lost to Canada in hockey. We won silver for female and we did not win any medal for the men's and it was really sad but one day, we will get our revenge. But congrats Canada! Now some of you may be wondering why I have a gold medal in my picture. It is because my dad's job worked with the Olympics and he got a bunch of free goodies. So no, I do not know anyone who went to the Olympics. Sadly.

PS: I GOT MY PROM DRESS. :D
Those are all my favorites! I know not a lot of makeup but that is okay. I hope you enjoyed me adding my random favorites in there. I will be doing more reviews and just random blog posts next month. If there is any specific blog post you want me to do, please let me know because I will be happy to do it. I hope you had a wonderful month and have an even better March! :D
PPS: Most of these pictures are from Google
Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff