Skip to main content

Book Review: The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen






Hey Everyone,
I decided to review a book that is very popular among the YA community. It is called The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. Now I am a huge fan of Sarah Dessen. I think she writes great teen romance books as well as books that relate to the every day teenager. Now Sarah Dessen is #1 New York Times Bestseller author and last year I was at a librarian conference with my mom and I got the honor of meeting her. We were not able to chat for a long time because there was a long line but she seems very nice from the few seconds I talked to her.

Summary: The book is about this girl named Emaline who lives in a small town called Colby. Colby is located next to the ocean and it is near New York. Emaline has the perfect boyfriend named Luke and they have been dating for three years. And both of them work for Emaline's family's business called Colby Realities where they rent houses on the beach to tourists.

In the beginning of the summer a cute mysterious boy named Theo and his boss Ivy move into the most expensive mansion that Colby reality has. Throughout the summer, Emaline has to deal with her relationship with Luke as well as her feelings for the mysterious boy from New York , think about moving to college at the end of the summer and deal with issues going on with her dead beat father and her half brother.

This story is not only a love story. It is a coming of age story like most of Sarah Dessen's books and it talks about the realization of finding true love, dealing with family issues as well as the realization of moving to college at the end of the summer.

My Opinion: I honestly was really disappointed in this book. Normally when I read a book, I know from the very beginning if I am going to like it or not. But in this case, I really liked the beginning. It was setting up the whole book and I really liked Emaline and Luke and the mysterious Theo. But then as the book progressed, there became multiple different story lines and I felt that Sarah Dessen just lost the flow of the book. And I hate to say it because I really like Sarah Dessen but adding a bunch of different smaller plot lines on top of the bigger plot just made everything confusing and made the reader (me) those interest throughout the whole book. Now my suggestion to Sarah Dessen is that if she had took out some of the smaller plot lines, the book would have been more enjoyable to read.

I hope you all enjoyed my first book review! It's hard to not give away details or else you ruin the book but I hoped you understood my thoughts on it. If there is any other books you want me to review, please let me know. I love reading and if this gives my parents an excuse to take me to Barnes and Nobles or the library, I am all for it. Hope you have a great day/night!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia

PS: The picture is from Google. It is not mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff