Skip to main content

July Favorites!

Hey Everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful week. Now as you can tell, my summer favorites have not been a lot of beauty but more random favorites. I hope you guys don't mind. But when the fall comes, that's when I wear more make up and try out more products. So most of the products I have are products that were in my Travel Make Up Essentials.

Beauty:

1) Urban Decay Naked Palette


I have not used this palette in a year or so because I have been testing out other new palettes. But since this was the only palette I used for school, I re fell in love with it. I loved this palette, my friends loved this palette, this palette just made everyone look and feel beautiful. I am going to do a make up tutorial blog post using this palette because I have been loving the brown smokey eye instead of the neutral eye. And then for awards night I used this palette for my make up. And Emily used it as well.

And I got many compliments on this look as well. If you do not have it, please get it, you will love it and cherish it. 




This blush is beautiful. This was the only blush that I have basically used all summer and I have barely made a dent in it. You literally only need one swipe and your good to go. I feel like this color would look absolutely beautiful on every skin tone. It is very expensive,  I will give you that but boy it is worth to buy at least one. 




Cream products are the way to go in the summer and this lives up to the standard. Now, you all know my obsession with the Clinique Chubby Tint but this is a good second. I love that you can wear it by itself, underneath a neutral eye or even a smoky eye. I use it for most of my eye shadow looks now because of how versatile it is. I also think this suits any skin tone. I have a boring brown color for my eye color and this makes my eyes look decent. This is a little more expensive than the Clinique one but I suggest you go into the store or the counter and swatch it to see if its worth it......It's worth it. :) 


Now I love these Rimmel Lip Liners. I think they are extremely pigmented and inexpensive. But there is a specific lip liner color that I have been loving and that is Exposed. One of the beauty gurus I watch, xXAllieCosmeticsxX, who I have been loving has been talking about nude lip liner. Because of her, I have been obsessed with nude lip liners. I am still learning to line my lips properly but I really enjoy how it looks. If you are a beginner in lip liner than me, definitely try this. 

Beauty Disappointment: Essie's Penny Talk
This has been a very popular nail polish throughout the beauty community. I absolutely love this color and I think it is such a pretty color. But the formula is so awful. Now Essie nail polish is my favorite nail polish brand but this nail polish did not work. It crackled in less than an a hour. It chipped in less than a day. So I do not recommend this specific nail polish. I recommend this nail polish company, just not this color. 

RANDOM FAVORITES: 

Literally, summer is movie central in my house. SO, I have a lot of movie favorites this month. 

1) 22 Jump Street

OH MY GOODNESS. Everyone needs to see this movie. It is hilarious, spectacular, a comedy classic! I wrote a whole blog post, here. Just go see it. Trust me, you will not regret it. 

2) Devils Knot

Now I know you might be thinking scary movie. But it's not! I thought that as well but then I saw the trailer. This movie is based on a true story. It is about these three eight year old boys who get murdered and how three teenagers are blamed for their murder. The reason the teenagers are blamed for these young boys murders is because everyone in town thought they believed in the devil and would do satanic sacrifices. Reese Witherspoon plays one of the grieving mothers and Colin Firth plays one of the attorney's that are defending the teenagers. They did an incredible job. This movie is so intense and suspenseful. This story is incredible and freaky because you realize this is a true story. I highly recommend this movie. It is on Netflix. I suggest you do not watch it at night because you are going to be so freaked out by the end of it. 


When I was at college, they had a salsa class that we could take for a night and it was so much fun! Emily, Karina, and I started to dance 24/7 in my dorm room and blast this song. This song is so fun. The moment you hear it, you just want to get up and dance and wave your hands in the air. I never really got into Marc Anthony until now. I do not know why but I have been listening to a lot of his music on Spotifiy and he is so talented. But check this song out first and then some of his other songs. 

So those are my July favorites! I hope you all enjoyed them. I honestly love looking back on the month to see what I have been loving. I hope you all had a wonderful month of July and hopefully August will be just as good! Have a wonderful day/night!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff