Skip to main content

July Ipsy Bag!


Hey everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful week. I am super excited to be doing another Ipsy blog post today! But I do have some unfortunate news before I go into my first impressions and everything. This month, I have unsubscribed to Ipsy. Honestly, I did not want to but since I do not have a job at the moment and I am going away to college, I could not keep up the subscription service. But as you all know, I love Ipsy, I think it an amazing subscription service and I highly recommend it. Now onto what I got this month!

Pouch/bag:

Now apparently many people were complaining about this months bag. I honestly do not understand why. But I personally like this bag. I absolutely love the neon pink because it just screams summer. I love how simple it is. It honestly looks like an envelope to me. 

On to the products!

1) Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray


I was super excited to be getting a sample of this product. First off, this is a really decent size sample, it looks like a travel sized. But I have always wanted to try something from the Healthy Sexy Hair line because they focused on making your hair healthy. Now I have extremely curly hair but I have been straightening it a lot this month because it has been easier to handle and I definitely want to try this on straightened hair. I also wonder what it would do on my curly hair? I dunno, I will keep you all updated if I like it!

2) Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine




Boy oh boy am I excited for this bronzer! This whole summer has been about the J Lo glow for me and I feel like this bronzer will help me achieve that. I think this is a full size product because there is a lot of product in it. I think this is a perfect shade for most skin tones. It would also look nice if you have a darker skin tone and you where this as a highlight. As you can see in the picture, there is a little shimmer in the bronzer but honestly that comes off after you apply it. I swatched it and I could not see any shimmer. Super excited to try this out!

3) Pixie Tinted Brilliance Balm in Pretty Pink




So pretty! This is the perfect summer lip color in my opinion. Now I think this is a pretty decent sample size. I love that you do not have to sharpen it, all you have to do is twist the bottom. I have never tried anything from Pixie but I have heard amazing things about the brand. Also, I like how versatile this color is. No matter if you are light skinned or dark skinned, I feel like this color will suite you. When I was swatching it, I noticed that it felt smooth and also very moisturizing. In a way it reminded me of the NYX Butter Glosses. 

4) Bare Minerals 5 in 1 (BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow) 



So excited about this product. As you all know, lately I have been having an obsession with cream eye shadows. I do not know why but I think they are amazing! Now this is a brand new product that is coming out from Bare Minerals. I am not quite sure what the shade is but it is gorgeous. It reminds me of a wetter version of Clinique's Shadow Tint in Lot's O Latte. When I swatched it the consistency was very smooth and nice. It was a more watery formula than most cream eye shadows but once I put it on, it dried instantly. I thought that was pretty impressive. Also this has an SPF of 15, so if you do not want your eye lids to burn, definitely consider trying this out. 

5) Hang 10 Dark Tanning Oil 


Honestly, I have never really used a tanning oil before, I only use tanning lotion or sunscreen. I am interested to try this because on the bottle it also says water resistant. Now I have not been able to go to the beach or the pool all summer but hopefully soon I will be able to test this out. It does have a scent. It is kinda hard to pin point on what it is  but in a way it smells like a mixture of vanilla and coconut. I could be completely wrong but that is what comes to mind when I smell it. 

So those are all the products that I received from this months Ipsy bag. I am super excited about all of them. There was not one product that I was disappointed in or not happy about. I will definitely let you know if any of these products stand out to me. Hopefully, I will be able to subscribe to Ipsy again. I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff