Skip to main content

Battle of the Cream Eyeshadows!

Hey Everyone!
Sorry I did not posted a blog post all last week. The reason why is because I was super busy last weekend and I went to school and I had no time to write any blog posts for you all. But this week I will be putting up three blog posts for you all! Yay! Now continuing with one of my favorite series that I have, The Battle of the... LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Round 1:

Now you all have probably heard of the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow. Now these have been pretty popular for about two years now. Now I have two colors, Tough as Taupe and Barely Branded. I have a love hate relationship with these cream eyeshadows. I love how many colors there are and how pigmented they are. What I really do not like is how Tough as Taupe is extremely dry but Barely Branded is not. Barely Branded is creamy and glides on the lid. I would think that each product would be smooth and creamy but that is not the case. But I also love how inexpensive these products are. I will be talking about another cream eyeshadow and they are expensive but are similar quality to the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo. What I would like is if it was not in a pot and in a stick form. The reason why is I hate sticking my fingers in there because I feel like it gets bacteria into the product. I know I can use a brush but sometimes I do not have time and just need a quick swipe of product on my lids. But there are plenty of company's that do their cream eye shadows in pot form. It is just my personal preference. But overall, I really enjoy using these when I am running late and can just swipe it on the lid without thinking. Barely Branded is my favorite one because it really opens up my eyes and makes me look wide awake. I also like that you could use it throughout all the seasons because it is a pale neutral. 

Round 2: 

You all know my obsession with the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint. I absolutely love this product. As you all know, Lot's O Latte is my favorite one. I also own Oversized Orchid and Biggest Blossom. Now there are some pros and cons with this product as well. These are perfect for people who like a natural look or do not want a highly pigmented base. The reason why is these are pigmented but not highly pigmented to make an intense smoky eye or colorful eye. But this is perfect for a nice base for a neutral eye or just to throw on when running out of the door. I love how these are a stick form and not in pots. I like that these are twistable. I do not like how a lot of the times the cap falls off though. You have to make sure to hear the snap or your cap will be falling off constantly. It is a small con but you want your products to be sanitary, so be aware. There is also another con, these are pretty expensive. Now I love spending more money on eye products than anything else because that is what I find more fun. But I just wish it was cheaper. But oh well!

Round 3: 


So this is another inexpensive cream eyeshadow that you all probably have heard of and it is the NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil. These have been popular since the beauty community started on YouTube. These were my very first creme eyeshadow pencils ever and I loved them. Sophomore year of high school I would do the make up for the school plays and musicals and I would use these all the time on the actors. I have five colors ; Milk (The Classic), French Fries, Cottage Cheese, Black Bean and Yogurt. These are fantastic. They are extremely pigmented and they are easy to build up. They are also extremely creamy and easy to blend which is perfect for a good smoky eye. I also love that they are in a stick form. I do not like that you have to sharpen them but you do not have to sharpen them that often. They come in so many different colors, it is insane. I love how inexpensive it is for so much product. So I definitely recommend these for beginners and for any one who wants to try them because they are a staple in anyone's collection.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

IT'S A TIE!

All of these cream eye shadows are incredible. I absolutely love all of these cream eye shadows. I have been using the Clinique ones the most lately but I always go back to the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils or the Maybelline Color Tattoos. So if any of you are in the search for any good cream eyeshadow or just a base for your eye shadows, definitely try out these three different products. Even though they have the same purpose, they all are some how different. 

So I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I honestly have missed blogging so much. This week is my last week of school and I am finally on summer vacation! So exciting. So there will be a bunch more content. If there are any items or anything you all would like me to review, please let me know by tweeting me or emailing me. I hope you all have a wonderful evening/ day!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff