Skip to main content

Review: Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten

Hi Everyone!
So a while back a bought a bunch of products from Sephora and I have been testing them out to review them for you all. So I have finally made an opinion on the Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten.


Now I apologize for the pictures once again. I am taking them with my iPhone because the camera I usually use is not working at the moment.

Anyways! I was really excited about this product because one of my favorite Youtubers, MarrissaLace, raved about this product. I trust her opinion because she likes a lot of the same products that I like. So the moment she recommended this product, I had to get it!

My Opinion:
My favorite highlighter is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. This is amazing. It gives the perfect sheen so when I got this product I expected it to be just as amazing as the MAC product and maybe even better.

But when I started using the lighter side, I was really disappointed. When I swatched it it was much more pigmented than it was when I put it on my cheek bones. 



Both products swatch beautifully. Especially the lighter pinky shade. I have an olive skin tone and so I thought that the lighter shade would be the perfect highlight for the winter because I am pretty fair at the moment. But the problem was that when I put it on, in like 20 minutes, I could not see it anymore. It just blended right into my skin. No matter where I moved my face in the light, the highlight disappeared. Now I did not try the bronze shimmer yet because I wanted to get more of a tan. So I will come back to tell you all if I like that side or not.

But for $22, which is cheaper than MAC Skinfinish, I was not so impressed. $22 is a lot of money on a highlighter and I would rather pay $30 for the MAC one than the Stila one. Now don't get me wrong, I love Stila products. But this light pink color was just not a good highlighter. I tried it with a bunch of different foundations, blushes, brushes, and nothing made it stay on my face.

I honestly was really disappointed. Now this might be your favorite product of all time but it just did not work for me. Now this is my own personal opinions. I did buy this product with my own money. 

I will definitely get back to you on how the bronzey color works in the summer but I would not recommend to go rush out to Sephora and buy this product. 

I hope you all enjoyed this review! Let me know if there are any other make up products you would like me to review, I would be more than happy to! :)

Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaving Essentials 101

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all doing well! I have an exciting blog post to share with you all! For years, I have been trying to find the perfect shaving routine. Honestly, shaving your legs is extremely hard. You have to make sure you don't cut yourself, to miss a spot, let's just say it's a lot of work to shave your legs.  So for years I have been testing out different products and honestly I have found the perfect shaving essentials that will keep your legs nice and smooth but also minimize quick growth. Sometimes, there are times where I use a shaving cream or a razor and the next day I feel the hair is thicker and just not very appealing. So I am excited to share my shaving secrets with you all today!  The most important part of shaving is your razor. A razor is extremely important because honestly, if you have a bad razor, than you will have a bad shave and that is not so cute. I have tried many razors but the razor that I find is the best is the...

My Love for Pandora Jewelry!

Hello! I am super excited to be doing this blog post because it's about a topic that I have not really talked about on my blog. Today I will be talking about jewelry! Now ever since I was little, I have always wanted a Pandora bracelet. So many of my friends had them and my teachers had them and I was always so in love. Besides my Tiffany bracelet, my Pandora jewelry is my most prized jewelry pieces. So today I thought I would share my jewelry pieces from Pandora Jewelry  for you all! Three of the items I just got yesterday but I just had to share them with you because I am obsessed. So here we go! The first and my favorite Pandora item is my bracelet. The reason this is my favorite Pandora piece is because I got this as a graduation present from my parents and my little brother. My parents knew how much I wanted a Pandora bracelet and the fact that they took the time to pick out these charms specifically for my graduation present means the world to me. A lot of people thi...

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health p...