Skip to main content

Sophia Reads: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han



Hello Everyone, 
A majority of the people that have read my blog are mainly my friends and family, but the few that are random viewers, hello and sorry I have been away for so long. A lot has happened in the past couple of months but instead of boring you with the details, I have decided to just start blogging again. Mainly, I want to create a series about reviewing books. Books from YA, to fiction, maybe even some non fiction depending on my mood. But the reason being is that summer is going by and fast and there are so many books out there that I have to share my opinion on. 

The book I am going to be reviewing is the YA novel, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. If you are looking for a perfect beach read book or a book to read on the plane, this is your book. 

Summary:
The story is about a teenage girl named Lara Jean and she lives with her father and two sisters, Margot and Kitty.  The story is about how every boy that Laura Jean has ever loved, she writes a letter to. It basically is her saying she loved them once and she is done with them. But someone sent out those letters and now the boys she was in love with are coming back into her life. 

Thoughts: 
The first thing I have to mention is that Jenny Han is probably one of my favorite YA authors ever. Now that is a big statement since I have been reading YA my whole life, but she always seems to capture the true essence of being a teenager and having these conflicted feelings that unfortunately some YA  authors cannot convey as well as she can. This is Jenny Han's second series and it is the perfect series for summer. 

The life of Laura Jean is probably how a majority of us have spent thinking about our crushes, writing down their names with hearts around it. I am in college now but I still am a romantic at heart. But the reason this story is so touching is not only does it bring you back to those days of middle school and high school crushes but it also embraces family and the true meaning of that. 
I have noticed a lot of YA novel's loose touch of family. Teenagers thrive on reading about not only love, mystery, adventure but about family and friends. It reminds them what they have or they do not have and it is comforting. The bond between Margot, Kitty, and Lara Jean is a bond that is so genuine and sweet that it makes you smile. 
Not only does this novel have a wonderful plot that makes you rooting for Lara Jean to find true love. But it also takes you, as a reader, from your busy days and just brings you into a world of family, trust and love.

Honestly, thank you Jenny Han for gracing this world with another fabulous series. Honestly, if anyone needs a book, I highly recommend you try this one out. 

I hope you are all doing well and have had a wonderful summer so far! 

Carpe Diem, 
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaving Essentials 101

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all doing well! I have an exciting blog post to share with you all! For years, I have been trying to find the perfect shaving routine. Honestly, shaving your legs is extremely hard. You have to make sure you don't cut yourself, to miss a spot, let's just say it's a lot of work to shave your legs.  So for years I have been testing out different products and honestly I have found the perfect shaving essentials that will keep your legs nice and smooth but also minimize quick growth. Sometimes, there are times where I use a shaving cream or a razor and the next day I feel the hair is thicker and just not very appealing. So I am excited to share my shaving secrets with you all today!  The most important part of shaving is your razor. A razor is extremely important because honestly, if you have a bad razor, than you will have a bad shave and that is not so cute. I have tried many razors but the razor that I find is the best is the...

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health p...

My Love for Pandora Jewelry!

Hello! I am super excited to be doing this blog post because it's about a topic that I have not really talked about on my blog. Today I will be talking about jewelry! Now ever since I was little, I have always wanted a Pandora bracelet. So many of my friends had them and my teachers had them and I was always so in love. Besides my Tiffany bracelet, my Pandora jewelry is my most prized jewelry pieces. So today I thought I would share my jewelry pieces from Pandora Jewelry  for you all! Three of the items I just got yesterday but I just had to share them with you because I am obsessed. So here we go! The first and my favorite Pandora item is my bracelet. The reason this is my favorite Pandora piece is because I got this as a graduation present from my parents and my little brother. My parents knew how much I wanted a Pandora bracelet and the fact that they took the time to pick out these charms specifically for my graduation present means the world to me. A lot of people thi...