Skip to main content

My Summer Must Haves!

Hi everyone!
Summer is here and today I am going to tell you about my summer favorites! Now just letting you know that some of the pictures are a little wonky because I did it outside and I could not see because of how sunny it was. But besides that let's get into it!

Body Products:

These are the only two body products that I live for during the summer. They are both by the brand Hawaiian Tropic.The first product is the Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Lotion Sunscreen. I have had this product for about two years and I love it. It only has 4 SPF and that is because of it's tanning purposes. But I never get burned when I am using it. Also, what I love about this product is how hydrating it is. My skin is super soft after I use it and it smells delicious. But if you burn easily than maybe try a different sunscreen with higher SPF.

The next product is the Hawaiian Tropics After Sun Creme Lotion. I have had this product for about two years also and this might be my favorite product out of these two. This product is so nice to put on after you have been out in the sun all day. It cools your skin while moisturizing it at the same time. I also really like this product because of how thick it is but it does not feel thick on your skin. The smell is Island Mango but I think it smells like coconuts. I recommend these products to anyone who is out in the sun a lot and who likes to tan. 

Lip Products: 

Now this summer I have a lot of lip products. I do not know why but they are all in the pink tones.

The first one is Tarte LipSurgence in Elite


I wore this color for my graduation and it was stunning. I really like these Tarte LipSurgence because they are light weight and not sticky but extremely pigmented. I love this color because you can wear it in the day or in the evening. 

The next lip products are the NYX Lip Butter Glosses

These butter glosses are great for summer. They are light weight, highly pigmented, and easy to apply without a mirror. These are a couple of my favorites; Creme Brulee, Vanilla Cream Pie, Apple Strudel. 


Vanilla Cream Pie

Creme Brulee



Apple Strudel

The NYX Butter Glosses have so many different colors but here are some pretty ones for summer. 

The next lip favorite is also from NYX and it is NYX Mega Shine Lip gloss in Beige


This color is perfect for wearing to any occasion with any eye look. Love it! I have talked about this lip gloss many times on my blog. 

My last favorite lip product is Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Sophia

 I have talked about this lip product multiple times on my blog before. It is such a natural pink color and it looks great on everyone. The only thing is that it is sticky so be careful if you are wearing it in the car and the windows are down, your hair might stick to your lips. 

Eyes:



This color is the perfect color for summer. This liner just adds enough pop to your make up look without needing to put a lot of effort into it. I really love this eye liner because it lasts forever. I think this is the perfect mermaid color. So if you want to be a mermaid, get this eye liner.




This eye shadow is what the make up artist used on me for prom. I love this eye shadow so much. I think it is so pretty and the perfect champagne color. This would look gorgeous on any skin tone. It also might be super pretty as a highlight. I have not tried it that way yet.

The next product is one of my all time favorite products and it is the NYX Roll On Shimmer in Salmon


This just screams summer. I wear this all the time but I know I will be wearing it much more during the summer. This is a cult favorite in general and I think many people will be wearing this during the summer. It makes your eyes look like a disco ball in a good way. Plus it looks like you put a lot of effort into your make up when you really didn't.

You all know this favorite, it is the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint

This are absolutely incredible. These are one of my top ten favorite products. These are so easy to use and you look like you spent hours on your make up when you only spent a minute. Love them!

Oversized Orchid


Biggest Blossom


Lots O' Latte

If you want an easy eye routine for summer.....get these!

Face:


During the summer I am all about dewy and glowy skin. These two products give me exactly what I am looking for. 

The first product is amazing. It is the Tarte Cheek Stain in Tipsy


Now the swatch does not give this product justice but this is a beautiful cream blush. It is super light, not sticky, and glides on your skin. It gives your skin a little flush. It does not look like your wearing any blush, it just looks like you have a natural flush to your skin. This product is perfect to just throw on when you do not want to wear to much make up but look put together. 

The next product was also used by the make up artist who did my make up for prom and it is the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow



This highlight just looks so gorgeous on the skin. I really think this is J Lo in a product. I just think this gold glow is perfect for summer plus it makes you look a little bit tanner. I am completely obsessed with this product. 

Nails:

This nail polish is the perfect toe nail shade. I wear it every summer and I get so many compliments. It makes my foot super tan. This is the China Glaze nail polish in Flip Flow Fantasy. I think anyone can pull this color off. This is the perfect neon coral color for summer. Plus you only need one coat but I put two on just incase. 


This nail polish is a cult favorite and it is the Essie Nail Polish in Mint Candy Apple. I absolutely love wearing pastel colors in the summer and this is perfect. This color is super opaque and the color goes with anything you want to wear. 

This next color is also another cult favorite and it is Essie Nail Polish in Fiji. I love wearing this color when I want my nails to look fresh and sophisticated and not have bright pink nail polish on my nails. For this color you only need two coats but I like to put three just to be safe. I love wearing this color with a silver accent nail. 


Every single time I wear this nail polish, I get asked what is on my nails. And it is Essie Nail Polish in Play Date. Boy oh boy do I love this color! I wear this whenever I have no idea what to put on my nails. It is my go to color for spring and summer. I can never get tired of this color and never will. 


This color is Mint Candy Apple in lavender. It is Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear Nail Color in Lacy Lilac. This color just screams spring and summer in my mind. It makes your nails look clean and fresh. This color would look beautiful on any skin tone. Plus this nail polish is only 3 bucks!


My last summer favorite is this nail polish. It is the Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear Nail Color in Mint Sorbet. This color is a little lighter than the Minty Candy Apple nail polish. Plus it has more green undertones in it. I like wearing this color when I have a tan but it also looks really pretty when you have fair skin. I really like these Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear because they are super affordable but also great quality.

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! I know there were a lot of products but I want you all to be ready for summer. If you want a fashion essentials, please let me know! I hope you all have a wonderful day/night! 

Carpe Diem,
Sophia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff