Skip to main content

My Favorite Juicing Recipe!


Hey everyone! So lately I have been really into juicing. My mom wanted to get a juicer so I have been testing out different vegetables and fruits to create different types of juices. Now I can do more recipes if you want me to but so for this has been my favorite recipe. I do not know what to call this juice but it is sweet and super delicious. :D

First let me talk about this specific juicer. This is the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor

This juicer is great! It is super easy to clean and use. I really like that this is not a bulky juicer and it does not take up a lot of counter space. There are three different levels. Slow, for when you use like lemons, lettuce and spinach. Off, which is explanatory. And High for thicker things like cucumber, carrots and celery. 

Now on to the recipe. These do not need to go in order but I would suggest putting the bulkier items first like the carrots and cucumbers and then the lighter items like spinach and lemon. It's easier to mix afterwards. 

1: Carrots

Now I LOVE putting carrots into my juices. I think they give the juice enough sweetness that it does not taste dull and gross. I recommend putting two large carrots into the juicer first. The reason why is because the carrots are the base and it balances the whole juice out. If you hate sour things, defiantly put carrots in your juice. Delicious!

2: Apples

Apples are probably one of my favorite fruits. Apples mixed with carrots make the juices bearable to drink in my opinion. I like my juices to be extra sweet that is why I put two in but if you only want a little bit of sweetness than go for it only 1. It's really your preference.  Oh and get the Granny Smith apples because they taste better in my opinion. Plus it is more sweet than the other kinds of apples. 

3: Cucumber

I recommend half a cucumber and not a full cucumber. The reason why is the cucumber is a little weird tasting in my opinion. Half of the cucumber gives it enough freshness that you seem to be only tasting a hint of it. Kinda like a cucumber water. That's what it reminds me of.

4: Lemon

Now this is literally just a sliver of a lemon. I think the lemon just gives enough sour to the juice but not to much that you have to spit it out. But if you do not like sourness, then you can make a smaller slice or you can just skip the lemon all together. 

5: Romain Lettuce

Now romain lettuce has just been added to the recipe but I really like it. You honestly just need a handful of the romain lettuce. What I like the romain lettuce for is that it just lets the juice ease into your stomach better and it is smoother to drink. I hope that makes sense. Also, any kind of greeny leaf is important to have in your juice. I have to do a little more research before I give you a reason why but I know it is important. 

Now you blend this all up and then you stir the cup around until all the contents are mixed together. 

Now for my special ingredient!

Chia Seeds!


Now what I like to do is pour some juice into my cup than I put less than a handful of the Chia seeds into the cup and than I pour the rest of the juice on top of it. Not the Chia seeds help you for so many things. I can make a whole blog post on the importance of Chia seeds if you all want me to. It does not taste like anything. But it really helps flush out your system . But if you do not want Chia seeds in your juice that is perfectly fine.

And this is the final product. I know it looks really gross but it's really good. I am the last person who wanted to start juicing but I have really become fond of it and I think you all should try this recipe out and see what it takes like! Yum Yum!


And that is my favorite juicing recipe! I really hope you all enjoyed this blog post. I really enjoy juicing and it has become a part of my life. I only juice once a day. And make sure to wash everything before you put it into the juicer....it's kinda important. I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening!

Carpe Diem,
Sophia






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Illness Series: Support

Hello everyone! Today's blog post is going to be a little emotional but I feel like it will probably help so many of you all. One thing I have noticed with having Endometriosis is how many people just do not get it. They do not understand why I am constantly in pain. They think that the pain that I am experiencing on a daily basis is something that everyone experiences. It is not. People who suffer from chronic pain can go hours at a time in excruciating pain that honestly is indescribable. And even then if people physically see you in pain, they do not care.They just think you are either faking it or being over dramatic. Well to those people I have this to say, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would anyone fake being in agony for hours at a time. Why would anyone feel the need to be stuck in bed for a long time just because they just "don't feel like getting up". I have a feeling that many of you have experienced people like that in your life. Well let m

Review: Victoria Secret Seamless Racerback Bra

Hey everyone! So I never see anyone reviewing sports bras! So today I decided to review one! Now I HATE sport bras. Every sports bra that I have ever tried either suffocates my boobs (TMI...sorry!) or they are way to lose to support my boobs when I am working out. Now I am addicted to Victoria Secret Pink. I absolutely love every thing they have. I own way to much stuff from them so when I saw this new sports bra, I had to try it. It is the  Victoria Secret Pink Seamless Racerback Bra ! First Impression: I got it in the tie dye color in blue. When I first got it in the mail, the first thing I thought was how soft it was. Then I saw that it was a very thin material. I thought it was going to be a little thicker like most sports bras. I was kinda afraid that it will show my nips. (TMI!) I got it in a medium. First Time Wearing It: The first time I wore it was not to work out but to school. I got so many compliments from my friends. They all thought it was different because of

Book Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs

Another book review!? Yes! Today I have another book review for you all and it is going to be a good one! So this novel was one of the galleys that my mom got for me at BEA. (Book Expo America) Just a warning is that this novel does not come out until September 23. But you can always pre-order it if you are interested. The novel is called  Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs .  Now I will give you a little background about why I read this book. When I was in 6th grade, my Biology teacher put on the show Bones for us to watch. And from that day to 10th grade, I wanted to be a forensic anthropologist. Now to this day I love forensics, I think it is super fascinating but I am just not good at biology. Anyways, the show Bones was based off of Kathy Reichs and her life as a forensic anthropologist. Now a forensic anthropologist is someone who studies human bones and  figures out what happened to that person. How they died, if they were murdered, did they have any health problems, stuff